Exhaust gas pressure
12-09-2018, (Subject: Exhaust gas pressure ) 
Exhaust gas pressure
I just had a question on my forced Regen. I was looking at the exhaust gas pressure and was wondering if there is a normal range. Mine runs in the 160 to 170 range and was wondering if this was normal.
replyreply
RE: Exhaust gas pressure
apparently I'm having a problem with my boss regen it's been a half an hour twice and my aftermarket injector has never come on has anyone ever run into this problem?
replyreply
Shut the truck off and restarted insite. All good with the forced Regen now.
replyreply
if your engine is not reaching operating temps it wont start. when they replaced a buncha parts on my truck before i bought it they couldn't get it to do a forced regen so they went to throw parts mode.

first they pulled doc/dpf baked it flow tested
2nd replaced aftertreatment injector
3rd replaced sensors on doc/dpf
4th and finaly replaced turbo and actuator and supposidly this fixed it and it did a forced regen

80k later i bought the truck and it would regen every 2hrs had high pressure readings
and now all mm'ed and finaly got a injector leak test kit and think i found problem the 1mil mile injectors blowing air bubbles backwards like mad 10x worse then on rawzes video of that 386 or 387 pete. but would still run on 1 cyl with cyl cutout test. so this friday here comes 6 new injectors.

funny thing truck doesnt really idle/drive bad but its 500HP and sometimes i swore the 2016 detroit 450hp i drove for crete had more power and i thought the 2012 450hp maxxforce prostar i drove before that had more power then the detroit lol.
replyreply
Sounds like mm was the way to go.
replyreply
it was for me as i semi refuse to spend money on equipment that can hurt a 25,000$ engine. that if properly cal'd as i trust in all those here that have helped me its cleaner then most trucks/cars/pickups on the road that arent forced into these dreaded systems. im all for clean air but not at the expense of emptying my pocketbook to do it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Lostfarmboy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.