White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen
12-09-2018, (Subject: White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen ) 
White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen
Have an issue with my 2350 it driving on the road to start brits a lot of white smoke in the in about 20 minutes later it says pull over and do a regen
replyreply
RE: White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen
You have DPF issues. Only time i have seen them smoke is if they have a crack.
replyreply
(12-09-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  You have DPF issues. Only time i have seen them smoke is if they have a crack.

They said they check the filter for cracks there was no cracks all this started with me you have newer region every 150 miles now it was me do a part region after driving down the road
replyreply
12-10-2018, (Subject: White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen ) 
the pipe under your cab wrapped in woven steel is probably cracked "flex pipe" mine would do this to if you make it due a forced regen you might actualy see smoke. comeing from that pipe. but dont just look for cracks around filter also search all exhaust piping before it upto turbo. usualy the white smoke is the fuel igniting before it reaches the DOC.
replyreply
12-10-2018, (Subject: White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen ) 
(12-09-2018 )ETITRANSPORT Wrote:  Have an issue with my 2350 it driving on the road to start brits a lot of white smoke in the in about 20 minutes later it says pull over and do a regen

It is quite common for a truck that the DPF is not getting hot enough to white-smoke like hell as soon as it sees a hill. This is because the fuel did not ignite properly, built up in the DPF, then lit all at once.

engine and egr problems are always to blame. the emissions systems and its filters are just that,.. FILTERS, -- they don't clog and have problems unless the engine is spitting out soot, oil, coolant , etc. to cause those problems.

start by doing an EGR tune-up, replace sensors and clean out all the EGR piping and crossover tubes. - That should have been the FIRST THING done,.. not that thing that gets done after you waste thousands taking it to morons who are only there to steal your money and could could care less on actually solving any real problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-11-2018, (Subject: White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen ) 
(12-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-09-2018 )ETITRANSPORT Wrote:  Have an issue with my 2350 it driving on the road to start brits a lot of white smoke in the in about 20 minutes later it says pull over and do a regen

It is quite common for a truck that the DPF is not getting hot enough to white-smoke like hell as soon as it sees a hill. This is because the fuel did not ignite properly, built up in the DPF, then lit all at once.

engine and egr problems are always to blame. the emissions systems and its filters are just that,.. FILTERS, -- they don't clog and have problems unless the engine is spitting out soot, oil, coolant , etc. to cause those problems.

start by doing an EGR tune-up, replace sensors and clean out all the EGR piping and crossover tubes. - That should have been the FIRST THING done,.. not that thing that gets done after you waste thousands taking it to morons who are only there to steal your money and could could care less on actually solving any real problems.
We did the her tune up replaced the imap sensor replace the back pressure sensor on the filter replace the EGR differential pressure sensor cleaned out the tubes on the filter of pull down the filter looked at inspected it Did a force region on it everything went fine and temperatures and once again after about a 150 miles at basket for a regioe. again going down the road. Did injector performance test it passed fine did disown or cut out test it past find the air-to-air everything's no leaks really loss on how to fix his issue pain the butt pulled over every 160 miles next 45 minutes donor regen
replyreply
12-12-2018, (Subject: White smoke then 20 min later says do a regen ) 
my truck passed all insite tests including running 1 cylinder at atime got injector leak test kit and found both banks front/rear blowing bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Lostfarmboy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.