ISX cm871/w PTO, cant fast/high idle
12-11-2018, (Subject: ISX cm871/w PTO, cant fast/high idle ) 
ISX cm871/w PTO, cant fast/high idle
I have a 2010 Freightliner Cascadia with a 2009 cm871 engine. I recently added a pto and positive displacement blower to blow barite to rigs here in southern Louisiana. To get blower at optimum
operating speed the truck needs to high/fast idle between 1000 and 1200 rpms, but my mechanic,
as well as two local freightliner dealerships don't know how to get truck to high/fast idle. I saw in a post somewhere on the net that the cm871 needs a optional switch directly wired to the ecm, but freightliner dealerships are have no clue. I am using a crude wood block under pedal method right now, and a switch would be easier and cleaner since footwell area is frequently very muddy around rig locations. Any help would be greatly appreciated
replyreply
RE: ISX cm871/w PTO, cant fast/high idle
Has anyone tried using Cummins Insite and enabling the PTO and setting what RPM you want it to kick up to. On my International it's all controlled by using the Cruise switch
replyreply
 Thanks given by: jbird
Parking brake set or released, cruise switch 'on' you will be able to set a high idle exactly where you want it. Cruise switch 'off' you should be able to set your normal idle.

One or both may need to be enabled in 'Features & Parameters' within INSITE. If you don't have it or can't get it PM me and let me know where you are, and I may be able to direct you to a shop other than Empire or Capitol that doesn't have their head up their asses...

-Fellow southern Louisianaian
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , jbird
12-13-2018, (Subject: ISX cm871/w PTO, cant fast/high idle ) 
Sorry it took a while to respond, but i went by my mechanic and conveyed the information both Moose and Chamberpains supplied. He confirmed that he does use the insite software, and attempted each of the settings indicated. He even tried reinstating the fast idle portion of the regen swith on my de-mandated cm871. A Jan 07 14 post on truckers report says that the cm871 needs a optional hardwired switch to have that function work, but no part numbers were given and the Freightliner dealerships in Baton Rouge, LA and Lake Charles, LA have no idea. Any idea where i can find such a switch?
replyreply
12-13-2018, (Subject: ISX cm871/w PTO, cant fast/high idle ) 
PM Unilevers
replyreply
 Thanks given by: jbird

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.