2019 Cascadias, fleet with issues, any fixes?
12-11-2018, (Subject: 2019 Cascadias, fleet with issues, any fixes? ) 
2019 Cascadias, fleet with issues, any fixes?
Alright, this is a wide open question, with no real particulars. My company on their Canadian side has company drivers and company trucks. They do not compete with us...

Owner of the company just bought 15 new Cascadias with the DD motor, OTR trucks with the nice sleepers, assuming the DD15 motor, but could be the 13. All are having fuel related electrical issues. Dealership is blaming the fuel these trucks are running for the frequent shutdowns. Doubtful it is the fuel, as they fuel with all of the regular outfits out here on the road.

Any thoughts, and I wish I knew more. But, I am assuming this is a regular issue with these trucks and motors, it can't be just these 15 trucks? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
replyreply
RE: 2019 Cascadias, fleet with issues, any fixes?
That new Cascadia sure looks like a tough truck. I could see me upgrading to that one after this one in in. Maybe make it a Cummins x15 engine with the 18 sp manual. If they even spec them that way. Would be cool.
replyreply
Or 18 speed auto if it could keep up.
replyreply
What would be a fuel related electrical issue? Water in fuel? Cold weather fuel freeze up?
Detroit manuals say not to use biodiesel over 5 percent.
I had a 2013 Western Star with a DD15 that lost its prime going down the highway once. Turned out to be road slush freezed on the end of the tank vent, causing the truck to draw fuel only from the passenger tank until it ran dry.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
Maybe having one dyno'd would be helpful

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
12-12-2018, (Subject: 2019 Cascadias, fleet with issues, any fixes? ) 
(12-11-2018 )uncleal13 Wrote:  What would be a fuel related electrical issue? Water in fuel? Cold weather fuel freeze up?
Detroit manuals say not to use biodiesel over 5 percent.
I had a 2013 Western Star with a DD15 that lost its prime going down the highway once. Turned out to be road slush freezed on the end of the tank vent, causing the truck to draw fuel only from the passenger tank until it ran dry.
Not over 5% biodiesel?
Probably Detroit designed it for Saudis.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.