Moving a none- registered truck
12-12-2018, (Subject: Moving a none- registered truck ) 
Moving a none- registered truck
A friend of mine bought as truck at the auction. He asked me what documents does he need to legally drive home about 60 miles away. The truck does not have a registration yet.
replyreply
RE: Moving a none- registered truck
I would get something dated that it was just purchased. Having it in writing is better. Bill of sale with date it was sold or maybe buy some bobtail insurance. Have him ask the other people their who bought trucks too.
JMO
replyreply
Bobtail insurance just to be on road.. Most States allow in State purchases to be transported to the house without a tag.. As long as you have dated BOL, Title and insurance.

Allot of states will allow you to cross state line and travel thru to home state with just the above....

Best thing to do is google trip permits and call one of the listings and they will tell you what state you can drive thru without tag

Bought mine in Oklahoma from private owner and drove to Houston.

Call Comdata..tel://1-800-833-8640
replyreply
Most auctions will provide paperwork and insurance for purchased lots.
replyreply
12-13-2018, (Subject: Moving a none- registered truck ) 
(12-12-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Most auctions will provide paperwork and insurance for purchased lots.
Ritchie Bro. gives you a 60 day license, you have to provide your own insurance.
replyreply
A tow too right? Or on piggy back as I see alot. Just could be more costly
replyreply
The auction company I bought my boom truck from provided a trip permit

I've never registered it, still use trip permits when I need to move it. $25 and it's good for three days

For insurance I added it to my existing policy before picking it up. I can add it to my policy before moving it and take it off after. It mostly sites on a job site for a month or two

Next year it's moving back east. I'll need to figure out how to get it there in the spring
replyreply
12-16-2018, (Subject: Moving a none- registered truck ) 
Hunter permit should work. And make sure the driver is logging his hrs.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.