Air fitting leak
05-02-2016, (Subject: Air fitting leak ) 
Air fitting leak
./uploads/201605/post_1749_1462206338_0fafdb56efe30bb117c98e3126c564e9.jpegHello about to tacle my first air leak,
Its leaking bad from this push conect 90* fitting, do I need a new one or is there o ring tgat can be replaced?
Also does it need a special tool or i can have it un done easy?
About to head to dealer pick up some parts
2012 freightliner
Thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: Air fitting leak
(05-02-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  Hello about to tacle my first air leak,
Its leaking bad from this push conect 90* fitting, do I need a new one or is there o ring tgat can be replaced?
Also does it need a special tool or i can have it un done easy?
About to head to dealer pick up some parts
2012 freightliner
Thanks in advance
You can fix it easy. Dunno about freightliner Volvo dealer does have o-rings and collars for quick connect. really cheap.
Disconnect the hose, pull collar out with long nose pliers. Use tools from paper clip to pull out o-ring. slide in new o-ring, new collar and connect the hose. Check for leaks.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201605/post_1794_1462208059_4026a4e9788b5bcbd848ee29b2f32983.jpg
replyreply
honestly, ive fixed so many of those leaks from those big push fittings its just not worth it. Grab a real 90 degree compression fitting and remove that POS and put a proper fitting in there. quick connects suck and leak with cold, vibration, or just cause they want to. Compression fittings when installed properly very very rarely leak.

i see this so many times on blown apart fanhubs, a push fitting on the air into it and its leaking but you cant hear it. it causes the hub to never fully disengage and burns the hub out in short order. never ever ever use a shitty push fitting on a fanhub.

if i owned the truck it would not have a single push air fitting on it, i would install proper fittings in every spot possible.
replyreply
Thanks fellas,
Yea iv noticed when ever it was very cold I would hear leaks on my volvo also, when warner weather leaks would go away,
where can I get compression fittings unilevers?
replyreply
I get them from napa.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.