Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds
12-16-2018, (Subject: Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds ) 
Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds
I remember reading here somewhere that the computer on a 2350 cuts the accelerator if the fuel pressure gets to high or something like that. Anybody know anything about that? The engine isn't actually a 2350 it's a 2018 L9 cummins, but I think the fuel system might be the same setup.The accelerator just cuts out sometimes while driving. Cel is on, on my way over to run insite shortly.

Engine has around 10k miles totally stock from the factory with mandate.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12-16-2018, (Subject: Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds ) 
RE: Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds
Well, not having much luck here. My 7.6.2 is saying it can't connect to my ecm, I suspect that this engine is to new and not compatible with my version of insite. Its giving me an error 5204. Also tried it on my X15 and it won't connect to it either, says it's not supported. I know some of you said insite 7.6.2 won't work with the x15, but a lot of guys also said it works fine. Am I doing something wrong?

replyreply
12-17-2018, (Subject: Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds ) 
depends what version of 7.6.2 and what is installed. It can work but it needs some tweaking - its easier to just get insite 8.3 or higher.

Uni
replyreply
12-18-2018, (Subject: Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds ) 
Ok so here's an update and a slight revision. This truck is a 2019 western star 4700 with a crane mounted to it. Has a Cummins L9 totally factory. The CEL comes on and to rev it up you have to hold the pedal down for about 5 seconds as the revs slowly build up. It runs normal and will rev up as high as normal, its just that lag time from an idle.
BUT..... as I said, it's a crane truck, so if you engage the pto and get in the cab of the crane (also a throttle pedal in there) everything works fine, engine revs as normal. The tps's are the same so I switched them thinking maybe the one in the truck cab was bad, it isn't it works fine in the crane cab. Any ideas? I haven't been able to get a code out of it, I'm waiting for an insite update.

replyreply
12-19-2018, (Subject: Accelerator pedal cuts out as rpm builds ) 
(12-18-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Ok so here's an update and a slight revision. This truck is a 2019 western star 4700 with a crane mounted to it. Has a Cummins L9 totally factory. The CEL comes on and to rev it up you have to hold the pedal down for about 5 seconds as the revs slowly build up. It runs normal and will rev up as high as normal, its just that lag time from an idle.
BUT..... as I said, it's a crane truck, so if you engage the pto and get in the cab of the crane (also a throttle pedal in there) everything works fine, engine revs as normal. The tps's are the same so I switched them thinking maybe the one in the truck cab was bad, it isn't it works fine in the crane cab. Any ideas? I haven't been able to get a code out of it, I'm waiting for an insite update.

no ability to read the code(s) for the CEL = no ability to know what it is at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
insite 8.x over on zezauto according to google search. just saying.
replyreply
(12-19-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Ok so here's an update and a slight revision. This truck is a 2019 western star 4700 with a crane mounted to it. Has a Cummins L9 totally factory. The CEL comes on and to rev it up you have to hold the pedal down for about 5 seconds as the revs slowly build up. It runs normal and will rev up as high as normal, its just that lag time from an idle.

no ability to read the code(s) for the CEL = no ability to know what it is at all.

Right

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.