exhaust sound
12-16-2018, (Subject: exhaust sound ) 
exhaust sound
i have a 07 pete 379 with 565. have 7 inch straight pipes and when it get to around 1500 rpm it has a weird sound up in till 1700. has anyone else had that problem. we have a 05 tractor with same motor with same pipes but it doesn’t have that sound. no exhaust leaks all brand new from y pipe out. hard to explain noise with words. when you back off throttle a little bit the sound goes away and sounds like it should
replyreply
RE: exhaust sound
Is it like a hum that resonates?
replyreply
ive noticed when pulling with mine after about 1550 the engine tends to get a sort of harmonic resonance sound engine almost sounds like its running better at that point and higher but no real change in power.
replyreply
no it sounds almost like an exhaust leak then goes away. kind of like motor gets out of wack the comes back no power loss just sound completely different at those rpms
replyreply
(12-16-2018 )opey450r Wrote:  i have a 07 pete 379 with 565. have 7 inch straight pipes and when it get to around 1500 rpm it has a weird sound up in till 1700. has anyone else had that problem. we have a 05 tractor with same motor with same pipes but it doesn’t have that sound. no exhaust leaks all brand new from y pipe out. hard to explain noise with words. when you back off throttle a little bit the sound goes away and sounds like it should

Is the truck de-mandated? if so, who did the work?

how much boost is it making when it does this?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
no she’s factory and around 35psi
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.