Help! invasion of the black crud
12-16-2018, (Subject: Help! invasion of the black crud ) 
Help! invasion of the black crud
So fuel filter clogged (new) and yep it was black crap! I had seen threads here and as this truck had been parked for several years I kept kinda looking but didn't see any evidence ......until today ....looked on interior back wall and it has a black layer on it! I take it this is the dreaded algae?
Questions: I bought a jug of Biocide ..should I drain tank and flush? How heavy is a 140 gallon tank? can I wrestle it in pickup by myself? Will I need to flush fuel lines? ECM?
replyreply
RE: Help! invasion of the black crud
you can super shock the algae if its that and not asphaultine and just carry a few extra fuel filters onboard. my truck came out of minneyota so it ran a lot of biodiesel which i tend to like truck seems to run better when i find a B20 blend pump. but it had algae so far Ive ran 2 harsh treatments of bio-cide and have only killed 3 fuel filters in 2 months.

Ive never pulled tanks but i would think a 140gal aluminum tank would probably be in the 100-150lb range.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
RE: Help! invasion of the black crud
build a pump to polish the fuel or just drain it completely and fill them up half way and dump half a gallon in each tank let it sit for a day. that should help a lot with the algae in the tanks and bring 3 or 4 filters with you. i change my water/fuel seperator filter about every 3 weeks.... its not great but what can i do about it. Good luck dude!.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.