Parking an ISX for a e few months
12-16-2018, (Subject: Parking an ISX for a e few months ) 
Parking an ISX for a e few months
Need to park a 2013 ISX in the elements for a few months in upstate NY. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: Parking an ISX for a e few months
A couple months isn't bad we have trucks sitting in 0 degree weather for most of winter. I would consider putting a algae killer in tank ....maybe removing battery cables if no master ...and maybe Peppermint oil? The last is ... in my area we have mice and digger squirrels that get into everything!!!! they make nests ...chew wiring and are a royal pain to say the least. Peppermint oil seems to deter them. For long term I put Peppermint oil, poison, and I have these solar noise vibrator things (don't remember the name). It usually keeps the machine clear of rodents.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DoubleNickels , Rounded_nut
(12-16-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  A couple months isn't bad we have trucks sitting in 0 degree weather for most of winter. I would consider putting a algae killer in tank ....maybe removing battery cables if no master ...and maybe Peppermint oil? The last is ... in my area we have mice and digger squirrels that get into everything!!!! they make nests ...chew wiring and are a royal pain to say the least. Peppermint oil seems to deter them. For long term I put Peppermint oil, poison, and I have these solar noise vibrator things (don't remember the name). It usually keeps the machine clear of rodents.

How do you use the peppermint oil and etc? Spray the tires?
replyreply
(12-16-2018 )Kid Rock Wrote:  
(12-16-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  A couple months isn't bad we have trucks sitting in 0 degree weather for most of winter. I would consider putting a algae killer in tank ....maybe removing battery cables if no master ...and maybe Peppermint oil? The last is ... in my area we have mice and digger squirrels that get into everything!!!! they make nests ...chew wiring and are a royal pain to say the least. Peppermint oil seems to deter them. For long term I put Peppermint oil, poison, and I have these solar noise vibrator things (don't remember the name). It usually keeps the machine clear of rodents.

How do you use the peppermint oil and etc? Spray the tires?
I buy it in a small vial at a health food store here locally, I put the peppermint around in interior. poison in engine compartment and rear deck (keep it where a dog or cat will not get near it) and solar buzzer where it can get some sun? They can sit in front window if its facing correctly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-18-2018, (Subject: Parking an ISX for a e few months ) 
Other than previously mentioned, storing up north it would be a good idea to check the coolant protection levels and make sure it's mixed properly. Sure wouldn't want to have a cracked block when you come back for it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , Rawze
12-20-2018, (Subject: Parking an ISX for a e few months ) 
Also run it up on jack stand or at very least a couple 2x8" board to get the tires out of the freezing mud. Earth is really hard on sitting tires.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.