CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock
05-03-2016, (Subject: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock ) 
RE: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock
Rawze, that was one incredible write up, I saw myself all through it... It all started the day I bought the truck, 680,000 miles, it has been all down hill from there with this truck. Fight the mandate, fight and fight some more, money flying out the window as the truck sits in shops breaking me financially. I get pissed, get on internet and miraculously find Rawze...

Now I am able to at least understand what I have gotten myself into when I purchased this truck. I am now, at the least, able to keep the truck moving, but it is not easy and is still costly. I do the EGR Tuneup, a week later the DPF cracks. $7000 they tell me! I'm at the end of my rope. I purchase the Inline Reader, remove the mandate, and Happy Days ARE Here AGAIN! And then I discover the head gasket is bad...

That head gasket was bad when I bought the truck, but I could not see that due to all of the problems with the EGR system. As you stated, the damage was already done. Once the mandate was removed, back to battling the failed head gasket to keep it on the road. She made it another year, but it was a costly year. My wallet has suffered, my marriage has suffered, relations with family have suffered, relations with work have suffered, not to mention the toll it has taken on me physically due to the stress of all of the above.

The truck is now in the shop having a MAJOR in frame done, everything has been replaced other than a few items, externally and internally all the way back to the tail end of the Transmission. What a nightmare this journey has been, and thank God I had access to the money personally to make these repairs.

To any and all reading this, HEED both Marajin and Rawze's words. If you have one of these motors and it is over 600,000 give or take, be prepared for difficult times that may come your way. Honestly, at least in my book, this is beyond criminal what the government and these manufacturers have done to us with these motors. And it is even more criminal what some of these shops are doing to supposedly fix the mandate. I have one right around the corner from me destroying motors on a daily basis with his butchery.

What is the answer? Honestly, I do not know, other than very deep pockets. This old saying really holds water these days, "If you want to make a million in trucking, start with two."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock - 8042 - 05-02-2016,
RE: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock - Waterloo - 05-03-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.