Owner Operators in Arizona
12-19-2018, (Subject: Owner Operators in Arizona ) 
Owner Operators in Arizona
Hello, I’m new to the website. Looking to become an owner operator in the State of Arizona and I’m looking for veteran truckers advice on Local Trucking in Arizona. I am looking to purchase a used truck and put it to work locally. Does anyone recommend any good local companies to put the truck to work and what type of hauling would it be? What type of pay should I expect working locally in Arizona? Any advice or recommendations is acceptable please.
replyreply
RE: Owner Operators in Arizona
I'm not familiar with AZ. But you may be doing reefer or something into Cali. So if so maybe get a 08 and up year and look that truck down from bumper to bumper b4 you buy it to write everything down that needs fixing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BigAlfred
RE: Owner Operators in Arizona
Trucking is like any business with a few extra caveats thrown in. What is your experience? If your just starting out green I would say spend a minimum of 6-12 months working for someone else, you'll save yourself a fortune!
Local? If you know anything about construction go with a dump truck ... a super ten is easy to drive, maybe end dump? in my area (near Reno) they get $110-120 an hour and stay busy for about 8 months a year. Your home every night. Same with hauling logs. Maybe scrap?
Most of these take a little time getting to know local vendors and truckers and its easier to do this while working for one (your learning on there dime).
What will you make? right now trucking is good but there is no figure a person can give you ...owning a truck is owning a business ..do you get paid for all the hours you put in when your not getting paid? such as fixing lights, changing tires and all the other million repairs. Some days you get rich and some days you work for free and some days you pay just to show up but overall its a good life right now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BigAlfred

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.