Oil burning smell
12-20-2018, (Subject: Oil burning smell ) 
Oil burning smell
Isx cm871 demandated
What would cause an oil burning smell in the cab when using the engine brake
replyreply
RE: Oil burning smell
You running gear oil in crankcase? Could be change in weather causing smell to go down into cab. Did it just start? Or been doing it awhile?
replyreply
it started after my last oil change and no gear oil starting that procedure on next oil change.

engine has 1050000 with 170,000 on overhaul where they didnt replace head. im begining to wonder if maybe valveguides are dribbling by. going to pull boots on CAC and turbo make sure its not slobbering itself up for some reason with engine brake on.
replyreply
in my experience its usually oil leaking by the stem seals and guides if you can smell it.

Uni
replyreply
10-4 thanks uni i wouldnt doubt this head has the whole 1.05mil miles on it so i spose another 4-5 grand i gota slap down
replyreply
12-21-2018, (Subject: Oil burning smell ) 
(12-20-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  ...
170,000 on overhaul where they didnt replace head...

what a waste of money to short change the overhaul like that. I see a head replecement in your future. They usually only last about 200k miles if a shop re-manned the old one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-21-2018, (Subject: Oil burning smell ) 
They didn't renan just replaced basically everything in it but valves springs and cam bearings now it's idk labor but probably a 4-5k problem
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.