Leaking EGR cooler pics
12-20-2018, (Subject: Leaking EGR cooler pics ) 
Leaking EGR cooler pics
A couple days ago I crawled under the truck to open the back of the EGR cooler. I've got coolant in my oil and suspected a leaking EGR cooler. I was pretty shocked at what I saw:

There is so much coolant leaking back there that I could wipe drops of it into my hand. I don't think I need to do a pressure test. I called Haggai and made an appointment to get the cooler replaced. I also reinstalled the u&*y fix as a temporary way to close the EGR and mitigate coolant getting into the engine until I can get the cooler replaced.

On a side note, the intake pipe clean up and sensor replacement went great. Once I fix the EGR cooler the truck should be running great!

User's Signature: 2003 CM870 ISX500/1650 in a 2004 Volvo VNL630. ~705k miles on engine
RV toter, non-commercial. 37k-40k lbs total truck & trailer. ~40k miles per year
replyreply
12-20-2018, (Subject: Leaking EGR cooler pics ) 
RE: Leaking EGR cooler pics
It's just that clamp on the back you need to take off to check for any wetness on the back on the passenger side of the engine right?

Those pics made it look like the it was leaking just out the cooler, not the back pipe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: MandBtrucking
12-21-2018, (Subject: Leaking EGR cooler pics ) 
If you replace egr cooler you my as well change oil cooler to.

User's Signature: One word not enough two words to much to say
replyreply
[/php]   
I just finished my exhaust manifold and oil cooler

replyreply
For god's sake cover up that drilling to the oil rifle. Anything that gets in there is heading straight for your main bearings!
replyreply
(12-21-2018 )Baco74 Wrote:  If you replace egr cooler you my as well change oil cooler to.

Great tip, thanks! I will do this

User's Signature: 2003 CM870 ISX500/1650 in a 2004 Volvo VNL630. ~705k miles on engine
RV toter, non-commercial. 37k-40k lbs total truck & trailer. ~40k miles per year
replyreply
(12-21-2018 )Signature620 Wrote:  For god's sake cover up that drilling to the oil rifle. Anything that gets in there is heading straight for your main bearings!

Everything was covered and protected :blush:

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.