Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
05-05-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
RE: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
And to think that people used to call me crazy for suggesting drilling holes in the element.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(05-05-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  And to think that people used to call me crazy for suggesting drilling holes in the element.

How ironic!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Would we need to do anything with these if the mandate is removed from the truck? Or just install and not worry?
replyreply
I installed mine as is, I don't think punching a hole in them well have much purpose as they are basically empty shells of the old style.
replyreply
I just got one today, will install when I get my truck...
replyreply
Do they make this for cm2250 also? If so anyone know the part number?
replyreply
(05-05-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Do they make this for cm2250 also? If so anyone know the part number?

The parts guy at Cummins said it's for all the ISX motors, it states this in the bulletin as well. The TSB is several months old, I would just call Cummins and ask for the maintenance free crankcase filter.,, this is what I did.
replyreply
(05-05-2016 )bazdan902 Wrote:  The parts guy at Cummins said it's for all the ISX motors, it states this in the bulletin as well. The TSB is several months old, I would just call Cummins and ask for the maintenance free crankcase filter.,, this is what I did.

It also depends if the Cummins shop knows what you are talking about. I went to the local Cummins shop up here in NH and he looked at me like I had three heads when I said "Maintenance Free Crankcase Insert". I didn't get a chance to write down the part number before I went so we had to look up the Bulletin. He still thought I needed the "regular" filter for the maintenance free one to work. He also said nothing is ever maintenance free.

He also said "It's probably better if you come here with part numbers." And I thought "Why? So, I can do your job for you?" But since I was in a fairly decent mood, because I was half-way through my coffee, I just said "Will do!"

The Maintenance Free insert will fit CM871, CM2250, and CM2350. Not sure about the CM870 as it doesn't say anything in the Bulletin regarding that model engine. I also know nothing about the CM870. So, I do not know if it even has a crankcase filter.

Part number for the Maintenance Free insert is 3691476. You can still get the regular filter as well for those who do not wish to use the maintenance free insert. If you want the regular filter, the updated part number is 3691687.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
05-06-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
I just replaced mine yesterday too. I think I'll get one anyhow and try it out. Keep the other one as a just incase.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.