Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
05-11-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
RE: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
(05-10-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Lol where is the Cummins dealer in NH? If you don't mind ? Might be closer to me than Dedham Ma

12 Integra Drive
Concord NH, 03301

It's a little hole in the wall type place. The parts desk is literally a desk in the middle of the shop. You have to walk into the shop and look for Gary.

Gary is the parts guy. 207-510-2235
Good info Thank You ! I run up to the mountains on & off
replyreply
05-12-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
(05-10-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  I think I'm sticking with my old filter Part Number# "Rawze Told Me To Drill 2 3/8 Holes On The Sides", This one is also a "maintenance Free" filter.

I'm going to try this with the one I just bought last week or so. Do you drill through the filter element itself or through the plastic on the front and back of the filter? I thought I ran across a write up on how it's done a few months back, but that was before the reboot of the forum.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
Lay the filter down on a flat surface, the way it would go in if you were standing there looking at it in the case. Drill the hole(s) through the SIDE of the upper right corner through the plastic only.
replyreply
(05-09-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 )Bigcam3cummins Wrote:  How much are these new filters?
I think I remember the Cummins dealer telling me it was $60 something. I ended up not getting one as I would have had to order it and the Cummins dealer is a little out of my way, which I was already at the dealer. So I walked away with a regular filter. I'll get it next time around.

I'd just call your local Cummins dealer and ask how much part# 3691476 is. Or I am sure someone will chime in who actually purchased one.

last month i paid $95 canadian dollars at calgary alberta cummins.
replyreply
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376
replyreply
05-13-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
(05-12-2016 )Marajin Wrote:  http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

I was unaware of this. I'll probably just drill the one I just purchased.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
07-22-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
I'm interested in a report how this maintenance free cc filter works mostly if there is any extra oil dropping out of the breather tube....
I did experimented couple of years ago and cut out the old filters media alround the plastic edge and used just and only the edge between the cc box and the cover....it worked perfectly but there were a few to many oil drops coming out of the tube because of the hot oil mist inside .....I just end putting a new one and be done
But I thought that if I'd only cut the bottom part of the filters media maybe I 'd end with the better working , no oil coming out old filter
This experiment was with all the mandates in place....??????
replyreply
I'm interested too.. I'm due for a cc filter change here pretty soon and wanted to hear how that new maintenance free filter is working out.
replyreply
Works fine here, just call a dealer and they should have them in stock. They run around $50 to $70, my dealer gave me one, but then again, I am a frequent guest.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.