Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
05-02-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
Anyone see this? Looks like the bulletin came out last October. I don't know how to link the bulletin here, so I just copy and pasted it. The bulletin number is TSB150147. Got it off of Quickserve. Curious what people think. Good idea? Or hogwash?

Technical Service Bulletin Number
TSB150147
QuickServe Online

Cummins Inc.
Technical Service Bulletin

Subject

New Maintenance-Free Crankcase Breather Insert
Warranty Statement

The information in this document has no effect on present warranty coverage or repair practices, nor does it authorize TRP or Campaign actions.
Contents

Product Affected

ISX15 CM871
ISX15 CM2250
ISX15 CM2350 X101
Description of Change

This document announces the release of a maintenance-free crankcase breather insert for external crankcase breather systems and advises the field of a part number change for the existing crankcase breather filter element.

The new maintenance-free crankcase breather insert is a direct fit replacement for the existing crankcase breather filter element but does not require a filtration media to function.

Reason for Change

The maintenance-free crankcase breather insert has been released to eliminate the need for scheduled replacement of the existing crankcase breather filter element and reduce associated maintenance costs.

Customer Communication

The crankcase breather filter element that requires replacement at regular maintenance intervals is not being obsoleted. This is being done in support of customers that want to continue to use the previous design and do not want to convert to the new maintenance free design.

Service Parts Availability

Service parts are available. See Table 1 below for part numbers.

Table 1, Crankcase Breather Element Part Numbers
Part Description
Obsolete Part Number
New Part Number
Maintenance-Free Crankcase Breather Insert
Not Applicable
Crankcase Breather Filter Element
Part Compatibility

The maintenance-free crankcase breather insert, Part Number 3691476, is a direct fit replacement of the existing crankcase breather filter element. No changes to the crankcase breather housing are required.

Part Structure

Crankcase breather filter element, Part Number 4312013, has been obsoleted and is superseded by crankcase breather filter element, Part Number 3691687.

Part Inventory Action

Use existing crankcase breather filter element, Part Number 4312013, inventory before using the new part number 3691687.

Production Status

Parts have been released for production. See Table 2 below.

Table 2, Plant Information
New Part Number
Engine Serial Number First
Build Date*
Plant
28 September 2015
Jamestown Engine Plant
*Engine build date can be found on the engine dataplate.

Date Details
2015-8-31 Module Created
2015-10-19 Non-Product Problem Solving (PPS)
Last Modified: 29-Oct-2015
Feedback / Help
Copyright © 2000-2010 Cummins Inc. All rights reserved.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
05-03-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
RE: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
The International dealer that is doing my work was talking about these the other day. They are already out, I think he just got his first order in. I will check when I go up there tomorrow and see if I can get some more info or a photo.
replyreply
(05-02-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  Anyone see this? Looks like the bulletin came out last October. I don't know how to link the bulletin here, so I just copy and pasted it. The bulletin number is TSB150147. Got it off of

I guess they read this from site and copy the idea>.??

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

======

I hear they are bragging that the new 2017 engine has much better programming in it too. I bet they have copied some of the @m*m^2 programming!.
replyreply
Funny how they want to use all there old stock first.
I'd like to see what one looks like. Wonder how big the hole is in there design. Lol.
replyreply
I have one I bought at Truck Pro. CV 15000 Baldwin.
replyreply
Instead of solid element they have seven circular filters. Don't know how to post pics but could send one to someones phone or email and they can post.
replyreply
05-04-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
Had a bit of time today and Cummins was right down the street, decided to check this thing out.... Here it is, she's gutted

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201605/post_1829_1462370389_99fbedbb5bb86ed76ee933a4ef0503bb.jpg
replyreply
That is it? just that little cap in the corner?
replyreply
Lol yup no more filter really
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.