Regen Question
12-21-2018, (Subject: Regen Question ) 
Regen Question
My 2014 2250 has started idling up with boost like its regenining but the HEST light isn’t coming on and it doesn’t have the smell like a real regen does. I thought my EGR cooler was leaking but I checked it today and it’s fine. Turns out my missing coolant was a leak in a line going into trans. So is the engine regening without the HEST light and no smell or is it something else?
replyreply
12-21-2018, (Subject: Regen Question ) 
RE: Regen Question
is it just the turbo? or the actual rpm?.

Maybe check the fuel flow /accel pedal feedback, etc. if it is rpm to see why.

I have seen leaking injectors (or actuators on the CM870/871) cause engine to rev up on its own. When it happens, the commanded fuel goes to 0.0 in the ecm because it is trying to rev it back down.

may not be your problem, just throwing it out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-22-2018, (Subject: Regen Question ) 
It’s the turbo and rpm. Sounds just like a regen. I have tried lowering the idle when I get stopped but it just picks itself back up when I get going. It’s seems to last longer than a real regen too. I’m going to have to get INSITE to see what’s going on but I’m trying to figure out exactly what I need first so I don’t waste money buying wrong stuff
replyreply
It could be trying to finish or maintain an active regen. It could also be trying to maintain heat in the aftertreatment system. Quickest way to see whether it's this or what Rawze is saying is the next time turn the inhibit switch off on the dash and see how it responds.
replyreply
Ok I’ll give that a try. If I shut it down and it quits would that be it’s try to finish a active regen?
replyreply
That's correct. I would still invest in INSITE and adapter though. For it to truly complete a regen either active or stationary the HEST light should illuminate when you slow down during an active or a little while into a stationary.
replyreply
12-27-2018, (Subject: Regen Question ) 
Ok I took to steelership and they replaced bellow pipe below turbo and exhaust temp sensor and did a parked regen and said good to go. 150 miles later it did it again without the HEST light and I couldn’t turn it off with regen button. It did do a real regen later on that I tried the button again and it worked. So any ideas before I give steelership another grand?
replyreply
EGR tuneup?
replyreply
(12-27-2018 )NoTime Wrote:  Ok I took to steelership and they replaced bellow pipe below turbo and exhaust temp sensor and did a parked regen and said good to go. 150 miles later it did it again without the HEST light and I couldn’t turn it off with regen button. It did do a real regen later on that I tried the button again and it worked. So any ideas before I give steelership another grand?

Yeah..... don't give them another cent! Get insite and an inline adapter.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.