Regen Question
12-27-2018, (Subject: Regen Question ) 
RE: Regen Question
Honestly no not yet I just bought it first of November. I took all the pipe from cooler to intake and cleaned it up but it wasn’t bad. I also cleaned the imap sensor. I got Insite and in-line 6 on the way which will help but this thing is driving me nuts. Also the Doser valve looks to be fairly new. I don’t think it’s regening because I can’t turn it off with switch
replyreply
12-28-2018, (Subject: Regen Question ) 
My 2250 does the same thing. Mine is a 2013. I've always thought it was trying to keep heat in the after treatment system. That or it's running a lot of EGR gases to keep NOx down.

But even after an hour or so, if I have to stop for traffic, the boost climbs to about 5 lbs or so while stopped.

After about two hours, it will idle fine while stopped. Boost will be at 0.

I haven't been able to figure it out, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm on the highway for 99% of my daily drive and she runs fine while chugging down the road.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
A dodgey exhaust gas pressure sensor can make them idle up near 1000rpm.
replyreply
Well at the least I know I’m not the only one now. I’ll just wait on my Insite and see if I can see if anything is out of sorts
replyreply
(12-27-2018 )NoTime Wrote:  Ok I took to steelership and they ...

Complete waste of money to take a truck to the stealershit for emissions issues,.. unless you just like giving money away blindly. Reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid22329

Have you done an EGR tune-up etc??

Sounds like your trying to get away with not getting your hands dirty but instead throwing your problems at others. -- this is the fastest way to go broke in trucking that a person can do.

Here is what your facing...

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid23284
Rawze Wrote:The regen process cannot "fix" anything wrong. In fact, it does not even keep the DPF filter and systems clean at all either, but only "lessens it a tiny bit". - It simply is not designed to keep itself healthy on its own at all and you can thank the engine makers for that.

* EGR tune-up, intake and EGR sensors replaced, pulling and having the cans baked out + flow tested, all pipes cleaned out, engine tested for problems that create excess soot, etc.etc.

That whole system is a FILTER SYSTEM so if it is getting clogged up repeatedly and too often -- THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG AT THE ENGINE!.

When those systems are working properly, they last about 200k miles or so before needed dire service. Keeping after the engine and the soot buildup in all the pipes and sensors will make it somewhat reliable, but that is only if you maintain it LONG BEFORE GETTING ANY REGEN LIGHTS., like doing EGR tune-up a couple times a year so that the engine does not put excesses of soot into the DPF filter to begin with.

You buy a used truck, you are almost guaranteed that those systems HAVE BEEN TOTALLY NEGLECTED FOR A LONG TIME, perhaps even since the truck has been new. - YOU ARE BUYING SOMEONE ELSE'S NEGLECTED TRUCK, so you should have torn into the whole system before ever putting freight behind the thing after you purchased it. - NO USED TRUCK SELLER is going to do that stuff. - Sure they claim they bake the DPF but this is just a stop-gap measure so that it will not throw a regen light while your test driving it and nothing more.

Here is more info on how you should approach problems like that...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid15466

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. I actually like fixing my own stuff cause I’m major OCD and I know it will get done right but your definitely right going to dealer is ware of money. Going to use this weekend to tear apart and clean and replace all the sensors in egr system.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.