Tripac APU "Pre Evolution"
12-22-2018, (Subject: Tripac APU "Pre Evolution" ) 
RE: Tripac APU "Pre Evolution"
(12-22-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  thats some info i needed so when i left out the shutoff solenoid it never contracted when the apu went to start so...rpm sensor probably good....not receiving an on signal period would be my problem if the logic board runs that way. so i guess its a wire hunting we will go in that little tin can.
If you have shutoff solenoid bypassed it can't shut off engine automatically. BTW how do you make engine stop?
replyreply
i just pulled it out. i push it back into its spot to shut the unit down ive only been doing this for troubleshooting purposes
replyreply
(12-22-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  i just pulled it out. i push it back into its spot to shut the unit down ive only been doing this for troubleshooting purposes
Without shutoff solenoid engine will run even oil pressure is zero or overheated. There is no any control except governor.
Don't know what type of RPM sensor is installed. If it magnetic(two wires) should be no voltage if it is Hall effect (three wires)then voltage should be.
replyreply
12-23-2018, (Subject: Tripac APU "Pre Evolution" ) 
Its not that complicated programming wise. Look closely at the board for any burned components. The fans, solenoid, etc are all run via mosfet. The mosfets are controlled by gate chips, the gate chips are controlled by the processor.

You may be in need of a board like mine was after 35k hrs.

If so and you dont mind used then you can try the thermoking dealer in omaha, nebraska. They sell them from take offs for around 150. I opted for new as they did not have any when i needed one.

The pull wire is on terminal 8SD. It will only be energized for around 2 seconds when the starter kicks on. Then 8D will energize to supply the .5 amp voltage for the hold winding.
replyreply
its a 3 wire when not running its 1volt.

im not removing the fuel shutoff to constant run the system was only trying to trouble shoot problems.

i beleive by what was said that for some reason voltage isnt getting from board to shutoff solenoid i was thinking maybe RPM sensor detected starter rpms and opened fuel shutoff but if its suppose to be open before it starts running then ive got to find the wire and check logic board for voltage if i have voltage there then i might have to run new wires to the shutoff solenoid.
replyreply
thanks nil. it started a few times last week when alternator was dead just fine.

but now i replaced alternator and it wont start so im thinking maybe i disturbed something.
replyreply
There's nothing on the alternator that would affect the fuel shutoff solenoid. You have a main feed to the starter, a feed to the logic board, a sense feed to the regulator and an exciter wire for the field.

When you hear the fuel pump come on test for voltage at 8SD. It will cycle to the pull winding fairly quick so it be best to have the probes already hooked up before hand.

You did remember to reconnect the ground wire to the alternator after replacing it didn't you?
replyreply
Oh snf if you ever get tired of TK bending you over a barrel for alternators.....1995 chevy impala SS...105 amp with the same dimemsions and mounting holes. Only difference is the adjustment bolt hole is not threaded so you need a longer bolt and nylon locknut and a new pigtail for the alternator.

Got mine from O'Reilly auto for $136 for everything with a lifetime warranty.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
i got my alternator from db electric out of minneapolis for 56$ same with running a WIX33962 fuel filter

and yes i put all 3 wires back on the alternator 2 on the B+ and 1 on the case ground and then the 2 pin plug.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.