Front end wobble/ shake
12-23-2018, (Subject: Front end wobble/ shake ) 
Front end wobble/ shake
I have a 9200 international that will get into a death wobble or shake when you go around a curve, when your going down the road straight you can feel a slight shake, very minor but if you have to fight the side wind and turn the wheel a little it starts into its shake.

It did it durning a run last week.

We checked front wheel bearings and they feel fine, checked King pins and the pass side has some play. I've seen way worse and the driver side feels tight.

We took it up to the interstate and got it up to speed and the pass side front wheel looks like it's moving side to side going down the road. I was in my pickup becide him.

Tires look like they are wearing even, we balanced them and checked for run out. It was aligned 6 months ago, all the steering linkages seem tight.

It's driving me nuts because it did it light a light switch. When it does wobble or shake its so severe that it's going to destroy the truck. It only does it from 55 mph and up. You can barley feel it at 45-50
replyreply
RE: Front end wobble/ shake
Bad passenger tie rod end?
replyreply
check tie rod ends and spring shackles?.

check caster alignment?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-28-2018, (Subject: Front end wobble/ shake ) 
Ended up being a bad tie rod. Evidently you need to check them jacked up in the air, once I jacked it up it had all kinds of up and down movement.

And I had a vibration after and noticed the driveshaft was out of phase. Fixed all that and replaced all the u joints and now she is new again
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , pearce trucking , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.