2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash
12-27-2018, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash ) 
RE: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash
The next easy is delta P, passenger side, two bolts. In general the check engine lights are on for a reason ... ignore them and you will be parked along side of road soon. If the owner is unwilling to make repairs? there are many, many driving jobs out there.
replyreply
12-28-2018, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash ) 
(12-27-2018 )Scotty32 Wrote:  So i removed the imap sensor and it was completely plugged. I couldnt see through it. I cleared it out with a brush and reinstalled it. Tge engine light has gone out I don't know if the fuel mileage will increase yet right now I'm at 4 MPG and I used to be sitting at 5.5 when I was put in this truck 2 years ago. Is there anything else I can do or clean that will only take a couple minutes as I am trying to do this without the owner being involved.

You cannot "clean" the IMAP sensor. Cleaning it might make it slightly better, but it cannot be properly cleaned. -- you need to replace it. All you cleand was the temp sensor part of it. the pressure sensor is up inside the head of it and solvents or digging at it makes it read wrong.

reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...d=57#pid57

for $60 or so, just replace it!.

========

this is an indication that the rest of the intake and EGR circuits are just as bad. Do the whole thing. replace all the sensors, clean out allm the pipes, etc. while your at it. -- DPF PROBLEMS ARE ONLY A result of engine problems!. They are filters, and don't clog up without something clogging them up!.

Lower than normal fuel mileage is a sign of the engine making a lot of excess soot. oil pressure dropping off after a few thousand miles, then coming back when you change the oil is a sign of the engine making way too much excess soot. -- All of these problems can be solved, but if you don;t solve them, you will never get that DPF system to operate correctly.

THE ONLY WAY THESE EMISSIONS SYSTEMS WILL WORK IS WHEN THE ENGINE IS IN A VERY HEALTHY RUNNING STATE!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
01-29-2019, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash ) 
When the truck idols it sits at 20 PSI when driving it sits around 35 to 40 PSI oil pressure.
replyreply
(01-29-2019 )Scotty32 Wrote:  When the truck idols it sits at 20 PSI when driving it sits around 35 to 40 PSI oil pressure.
Maybe a little low. There are free programs that will give you limited view of what's happening, Power Spec, DESA, but you still need to be able to connect from truck to computer.
replyreply
Yesterday I was driving it and it went right to a engine with a wrench in it and to a red stop sign. Took the truck to a mechanic and left it there and then he called him and told him it was fixed something with the coolant sensor. Today I got the truck and drove it and I might have went 40 50 miles and with through the engine light with the wrench and blinking the DPF light but at where I was at the time I had no safe place to pull over and I had about a mile and a half to two miles till I could do so but by that time it gave me the engine with the wrench and the stop sign so I lent the truck back to the same mechanic and he said he is going to put a new DPF filter on the truck and I asked him if he was changing all the other sensors out and he told me no. on the way back from the mechanic the owner of the truck took me back to the yard and we had a 40-minute ride and I told him about getting all the sensors changed and making sure that the doser injector wasn't clogged and that everything was the way it was supposed to be. he won't do anything with that it'll just be one of those things where when the truck leaves me set that's when he'll get it fixed again unfortunately. at the time I dropped the truck off it was only getting 3.4 miles to the gallon
replyreply
(01-29-2019 )Scotty32 Wrote:  ...
had a 40-minute ride and I told him about getting all the sensors changed and making sure that the doser injector wasn't clogged and that everything was the way it was supposed to be. he won't do anything with that it'll just be one of those things where when the truck leaves me set that's when he'll get it fixed again unfortunately. at the time I dropped the truck off it was only getting 3.4 miles to the gallon

the owner of that truck -IS BEING A COMPLETE F$KING MORON and you can tell them that for me!.

Maybe he is using it as a tax write-off and wants it to fail repeatedly?
Welcome to the world of idiot trucking. -- Unfortunately, this is how the bulk of truck owners are any more --- Completely stupid when it comes to maintaining equipment properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I kind of figures and i told the mechanic about your website so we shall see if he looks at it and convinces the owner to make the required maintenance.
replyreply
Well ........at least pat yourself on the back you are far and above making an effort at understanding the problem and repairing which is more than can be said for most company drivers.
replyreply
01-31-2019, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash ) 
Thank you. i appreciate that, i was starting to wonder if i was just off my rocker lol. Im in work today. Right now its 410 am so we shall see what it does. As far as i know they only replaced the particulate filter. This has one on top and one on the bottom. So hopefully they replaced both. But i doubt they replaced sensors or anything else.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.