2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash
01-31-2019, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash ) 
RE: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash
(01-31-2019 )Scotty32 Wrote:  Thank you. i appreciate that, i was starting to wonder if i was just off my rocker lol. Im in work today. Right now its 410 am so we shall see what it does. As far as i know they only replaced the particulate filter. This has one on top and one on the bottom. So hopefully they replaced both. But i doubt they replaced sensors or anything else.

CLeaning the doser injector tip, replacing the IMAP, etc.etc.etc.etc... -- that is the only way to keep those systems healthy.

By the time the lights come on for it giving trouble --- it has been neglected far too much. that is the problem with those systems... eveyone ignores them until the lights start coming on and it is beyond dire need of service.

For along lasting, problem free truck, All those emissions systems need pulled apart, serviced, sensors replaced or cleaned, pipes cleaned, injector tips cleaned or replaced, def and other filters changed, etc.etc.. AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR -- BEFORE ANY CEL LIGHTS START TO SHOW UP!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , Waterloo
02-01-2019, (Subject: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash ) 
RE: 2013 ISX15 485 check engine and regen flash
I completely agree with you and what the bad part is is that I even offered to do that kind of work for him and showed him your website and he still set it up to that mechanic about 20 minutes away and I even told him about replacing all the sensors and I highly doubt he even took it into consideration. all I know is after the truck did a a Regen it was getting six to 6.2 miles to the gallon and then it would drop off. now with the new filter that's in it I'm sitting at 4.6 miles to the gallon so I know something is not right. I will just report the bad fuel mileage to the owner and see what he does
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.