871 decisions
12-26-2018, (Subject: 871 decisions ) 
871 decisions
2009 ISX I have an injector or 2 over fueling not all the time. I have changed one injector #5 if I run Hows in my fuel it seems to not happen. My question is what causes an injector to over fuel at idle and when I accelerate I get a puff of black smoke. I have changed all 4 actuators. I am also needing a turbo and s charge air cooler need susjestions on what to get should I change all the injectors?
replyreply
RE: 871 decisions
I forgot to post I also need a primer pump
replyreply
(12-26-2018 )earnies2 Wrote:  ... when I accelerate I get a puff of black smoke.

a puff of smoke on a demandated truck during sudden acceleration is called turbo lag. All big diesel enignes have some form of turbo lag but with a VG turbo, you can pre-spool the turbo a bit more to reduce it. It is a trade-off though. Pre-spooling turbo takes energy to do so. Slightly more fuel is consumed at idle to keep the turbo pre-spooled. Pre-spooling the turbo to make the low rpm range on the engine more responsive is also harder on the cylinders/liners if there is sudden high demand.

It can also be lessened by reducing the acceleration rate of the engine or by putting tighter restrictions on allowed fuel-air-mix, but both of those make the engine feel more lagged while the turbo is trying to play catch up to your sudden demands.

Obviously, lower than normal boost pressure for any given reason will cause black smoke too. things like a leaky CAC, weak turbo, out of adjustment sensors, etc.

if you suspect your injectors are leaking, perform an overhead adjustment then do an injector leak test on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Injector leak test? Do you mean a bubble test?
replyreply
12-29-2018, (Subject: 871 decisions ) 
(12-26-2018 )earnies2 Wrote:  Injector leak test? Do you mean a bubble test?
Yes

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.