New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper...
12-28-2018, (Subject: New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper... ) 
RE: New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper...
Welcome to the Beast Club!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rounded_nut
12-29-2018, (Subject: New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper... ) 
how do they brace the bumper back to the frame to absorb the hit
replyreply
(12-29-2018 )arch_stanton Wrote:  how do they brace the bumper back to the frame to absorb the hit

There is steel bracing behind the bumper, and impact plates... Here is a 1 min video on it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh8HaWKqRA
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
Has anyone hit something other than deer, like an idiot that cut in front of you at the worst time? Or perhaps a few ton trailer on its side smack dab in front of you at night? --don't ask how I found that out...
replyreply
(12-29-2018 )marek4792 Wrote:  Has anyone hit something other than deer, like an idiot that cut in front of you at the worst time? Or perhaps a few ton trailer on its side smack dab in front of you at night? --don't ask how I found that out...

Freightliner Coronado hits a 1200lb Moose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3CkI3EOifQ

$54 damage

These bumpers are beefy... Will it withstand a violent crash with another semi or trailer? I don't want to find out. A Prius, doubtful it would even scratch this beast. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
the average deer-strike frequency for an OTR, 48 state truck is once every 8 years. Once every 4 years for a team truck. - Those who are regional this rate is different depending on where your at of course.

-- We seem to be right on target for the team truck frequency. We only drive 55, so it is not so bad. I just weld the plastic bumper on my prostar back together and go again. that Hendrickson air front end is too heavy already without any deer guard, so we can't use something like that ourselves.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-29-2018 )marek4792 Wrote:  Has anyone hit something other than deer, like an idiot that cut in front of you at the worst time? Or perhaps a few ton trailer on its side smack dab in front of you at night? --don't ask how I found that out...

Yes, i have a Herd Big Tex and before I got it I hit deer left and right, now only non animals, funny enough I've had deer just stare at me from the shoulder since I put it on, don't know if it makes some whistle that I can't hear or what.

I've had a dry van back perpendicular to me, not watched his right side and the bumper ripped his door off, bumper had a scratch. I had a gooseneck half loaded with feeder cattle back into me at 10-15 mph, it felt that, but ultimately it just bent a little because he hit the outer area, and he bought me a new one.

I'd say mine has paid for itself about 3 times or so, yeah it adds weight, but for the little hit there compared to a busted radiator in BFE I'll take it. I'm looking to buy another for my new truck, lots of rural driving and living in South Dakota there's no shortage of suicidal deer.
replyreply
12-30-2018, (Subject: New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper... ) 
Well rounded you and I are in the same area with these wonderful deer im over by sioux falls.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
12-31-2018, (Subject: New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper... ) 
Herd Moose Slayer Bumpers are on SALE if you want to join the club...

Just received and email from Raney's Truck parts out of Florida, those Herd bumpers are $500 off right now. $3495 and they have in house financing. Bumpers are made to order and dropped shipped to you from Winnipeg. Mine was $4100 delivered, after a few discounts due to other purchases. And I used that Affirm to finance. Should have it paid for by March if not sooner. May cost me $100 - $150 in interest at this point. Already have paid back a grand+ and only $2900 to go... Just thought I would let you guys know, and the ordering and delivery went incredibly smooth. When the bumper was finished, it was delivered in two days via freight. You will need an address with commercial access, I had it delivered to the International dealer who installed.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.