ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr
12-31-2018, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr ) 
ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr
So i just preformed the complete EGR Tune on my 2016 Peterbilt 567 with a ISX15 CM2350 ESN 79856327. I also removed the intake as well everything including the EGR Mixer Tube which I didn't remove because of the coolant lines.. so when I got it all back together and fired it up at 9:30 last night it threw codes for every sensor on the EGR side. The EGR Valve SID 27 FMI 4, exhaust back Pressure, DeltaP, and EGR Temp. All of which are on the same line.

This was my 1st ever EGR Tune I was meticulous and made sure everything was done correctly and not a drop of chemical on any sensor.

So this morning I checked all the plugs everything read between 4.95-4.99 EGR valve at 5.05.

1 thing I remember was that the EGR valve had something rattling around inside of it as I was turning it to clean it.

So I'm no good at diagnosing electrical problems and going to take it to Cummins Wednesday but I'm curious if it might require a recalibration because it's been cleaned. Or if the EGR valve is broken. I did spray every sensor and plug out with that CRC Electrical component cleaner and blew them out with the compressor.. kind of upset it broke the first time I ever tried to clean it up if that's the actual problem but I just don't know.
replyreply
RE: ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr
No, the ecm does not meed any kind of calibrating if you clean or replace sensors.

Sounds like you used chemicals/solvents to clean those sensors themselves instead of replacing the ones that were old/clogged/dirty?. Another mistake?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I removed all sensors and placed them in the cab of the truck. None of them came in contact with any carburetor cleaner
replyreply
01-01-2019, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr ) 
So this afternoon I'm going to change out the DeltaP and exhaust back Pressure sensors with the old ones that worked just fine but replace annually and keep the old ones as spares and see if those codes clear
replyreply
01-01-2019, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr ) 
Well that's annoying. The old DeltaP & Back Pressure sensors cleared the code. So now I want to know what killed the brand new sensors. I literally removed them set them in the cab to keep them safe and when I hooked them back up they died.. it makes no sense to me they shouldn't be that touchy
replyreply
01-02-2019, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr ) 
(01-01-2019 )Wright_Way Wrote:  Well that's annoying. The old DeltaP & Back Pressure sensors cleared the code. So now I want to know what killed the brand new sensors. I literally removed them set them in the cab to keep them safe and when I hooked them back up they died.. it makes no sense to me they shouldn't be that touchy

Someone sold you chineese parts?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-03-2019, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 EGR Tune resulted in codes for egr ) 
So the EGR valve shorted internally you could hear something rattling around inside of it. Cummins best guess was that shorted the other sensors out. So yesterday I ran up to Knoxville and got a new EGR valve and all 3 sensors. Put them on. The codes are still showing for the EGR valve and temp sensor, but without Insite I think it will take a couple of starts for them to clear
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.