Cummins isx15 high pressure fuel pump
01-04-2019, (Subject: Cummins isx15 high pressure fuel pump ) 
RE: Cummins isx15 high pressure fuel pump
(01-04-2019 )Maverick35 Wrote:  Well I opened the motor today and went thru it and even stranded the oil and fuel and did not find any particles thru out the whole thing the particles stayed in the bottom of the fuel pump thank God for that one. I finally got the porcine tappets of I had 1 and 3/4 of them left but the other quarter was sitting on the bottom of the housing.
That's what I thought on mine .... if you look at the tappet there is only a tiny hole on lower side for pieces to migrate to pump oil cavity, the problem is that is where the oil enters so each time the truck was shut off pieces could migrate backwards so if you do not flush that passage there is a high probability you will contaminate the system. You can handle this as you see fit but first google failed pump .....its no joke.
At a minimum I would do several oil changes in quick succession ..... if you have pieces that made it to the main bearing not only will it destroy the bearing it will ruin the crank in short order ....in other words? you WILL be replacing the engine as it will NOT be repairable.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins isx15 high pressure fuel pump - imalumberjack - 01-04-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.