Good fuel card
03-25-2019, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
RE: Good fuel card
You can hand write IFTA reports. You can hand write all of it. You have the receipt with logbook backing for proof there will be no worries if you ever get audited. Keep it simple and keep doing what your doing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Waterloo
10-4....that sounds like a plan. Simplicity is definitely key to this . Thanks Chamberpains.

Waterloo , I like those sheets....may be old school but it’s proven. Thank you for sharing. That’s the info I was looking for. It’s a shame when you question the very people who supposedly have the knowledge about a particular subject (like IFTA) only to find out they are more clueless than you are.

Thanks again
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Gulf states? Like this territory? If so I have a local company that I use. Pricing is at 2.659 for the past couple weeks.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201903/post_3200_1553554802_1bcac63a33541790e056e434a6ba32e6.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
(03-25-2019 )Moose Wrote:  Gulf states? Like this territory? If so I have a local company that I use. Pricing is at 2.659 for the past couple weeks.

Actually, thats the exact area....I-10, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama....sometimes Florida.
replyreply
03-26-2019, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
http://www.retif.com/refuel-fleetwide-card-network

You do have to adhere to their station network to get the best pricing. Get them to email you the current list to see how many are within your lanes of travel. The one I have is over five years old. I PM'ed you my number if you have any questions.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne
04-15-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
Thought I'd revive this thread since it's been a couple years now. Any new developments in fuel cards? I'm still a single O/O and run about 100-110k a year. Just curious if anyone has switched from another card or have come across another account with a better fuel savings.

Currently, I'm still running my Chase business card with the 2.5pts per dollar spent on fuel. That with the mom n pop stop I hit gets me some decent prices where I run within the Gulf states area. Once you calculate the monetary value of the points, it comes out to roughly $ .05 off per gallon (according to last year's figures). My last fill up was about $2.64/gal when you figure the pts with the mom n pop price.

- Unfortunately, now that Alabama has decided to crank up their fuel tax as of last year, it may be beneficial to revisit fuel card options. After just paying nearly $100 on IFTA for last quarter, I wasn't too happy.

*Moose, you still running the same card you recommended a couple years back? That seems to make the most sense for the lane we travel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I would still recommend that NASTC card, their prices and discounts are comparable to the discounts I get at LandStar. Petro and TA are where the savings are.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , SquareOne , Redland1

.pdf  NASTC-TA-National-Tire-Pricing-2021.pdf (Size: 240.18 KB / Downloads: 280)

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
04-16-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
Sounds good, I will give them a shout and look into there process. I have 2 T/A's where I travel with one being in Alabama, so if I can get a decent discount along with purchasing in that higher taxes state, maybe I could get IFTA to damn near credit me.

Guys who have the NASTC fuel card, do they send you a price sheet weekly or as the prices change?

BTW Loo, id imagine if those prices are comparable to LS, the discounts must be pretty steep in some areas. I'd assume LS has some buying power.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.