New coupler on ISX compressor
05-06-2016, (Subject: New coupler on ISX compressor ) 
RE: New coupler on ISX compressor
I had one of these couplers on my radiator, factory from International, on my ProStar, along with the air compressor. I think I am going to purchase another one for my radiator with the corresponding female fitting to quickly drain my cooling system. I have a small electric pump that would work perfectly with this fitting using garden hose. I wound up removing that fitting on the radiator, as it was leaking.
replyreply
Do you know the name and size? I would like to have one in my shop.
replyreply
(05-06-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  Do you know the name and size? I would like to have one in my shop.

I called the International Dealer in Ypsilanti MI and found the part number for you! This is the one that goes on the 2008 International ProStar OEM radiator in place of the standard petcock. The part number is 3688493C2, they are $19.80 ea. This is the male side, he does not stock the female attachment, but I am sure that can be had through one of the stores mentioned in this thread.

Hope this helps!
replyreply
As per Unilevers they also suck air into fuel systems...allowing fuel to displace back to fuel tank! Hard start or long crank times after unit sits overnight,also intermittent,may go a week no issue may show issue after sitting a couple of hours...then when you pressure suction side of system you find no fuel leaks because the pressure helps it seat and seal...357,748 man hours of troubleshooting later you through Mr Compucheck in trash and SHAZZAM problem fixed!
replyreply
(05-06-2016 )dodges1515 Wrote:  As per Unilevers they also suck air into fuel systems...allowing fuel to displace back to fuel tank! Hard start or long crank times after unit sits overnight,also intermittent,may go a week no issue may show issue after sitting a couple of hours...then when you pressure suction side of system you find no fuel leaks because the pressure helps it seat and seal...357,748 man hours of troubleshooting later you through Mr Compucheck in trash and SHAZZAM problem fixed!

Why would you want to put this on your fuel system? I can see off the compressor where many of us have them, or on the radiator for quick drainage, but on the fuel system? Am I missing something?
replyreply
If you look on the if ifms there are already 2 of them on there one on the back of the fuel pump and the other up in the back top corner. I believe they put them there to help purge air out of the system if you have it opened up
replyreply
05-07-2016, (Subject: New coupler on ISX compressor ) 
I have never seen them there... I need to get my eyes checked.
replyreply
(05-06-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 )dodges1515 Wrote:  As per Unilevers they also suck air into fuel systems...allowing fuel to displace back to fuel tank! Hard start or long crank times after unit sits overnight,also intermittent,may go a week no issue may show issue after sitting a couple of hours...then when you pressure suction side of system you find no fuel leaks because the pressure helps it seat and seal...357,748 man hours of troubleshooting later you through Mr Compucheck in trash and SHAZZAM problem fixed!

Why would you want to put this on your fuel system? I can see off the compressor where many of us have them, or on the radiator for quick drainage, but on the fuel system? Am I missing something?

Test ports,my isc cm2250 have them for and aft lift pump and gear pump and also at fuel return manifold.
replyreply
They are all over my John Deere equipment for IVT Transmission tests and on the rear hitch to test hitch valve and power beyond hydraulic pressure tests.They have become the industry standard go to for a flat face quick connect on a lot of manufacturers,they are super handy but like all super handy things they can create an issue,well worth it to have them,but I put them on the list of things to check when having issues.

They are small and can hide out behind other lines and wiring harness,some have caps on them but when they don't that sharp edge can cut into other components.

Nice thread by the way.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.