What engine lasts longer?
01-06-2019, (Subject: What engine lasts longer? ) 
RE: What engine lasts longer?
(01-05-2019 )Mrkentee Wrote:  
(01-05-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  All of these new motors suck. And the shops suck even worse. The days of those 1.5 million mile motors is LOOOOOONG GONE. Now, it is the day of the 1.5 million dollar basket case... ;-)

You got that right. No more looking for improvements, and wanting a new truck with such and such better engine.

How much improvements are really out there? They are creating trucks that should be simple to repair due to the nature of our work, into a hot mess of crap that even the manufacturer cannot figure out. I guess if one is just a driver that cool technology stuff is great, but for an owner it can be the end of the business and or a financially ruinous event, not to mention the toll it takes on family and relationships.

They have taken a simple piece of equipment and turned it into a Frankenstein type monster that only a very few seem to have a handle on.

Put it this way, if not for Rawze and his need to understand the processes of these systems, emissions and motors, where would many of us be?

I do not know of anyone out there providing the service that Rawze has put on the table, essentially for free.

Me, literally, if not for Rawze, I would have been out of business a few years ago, and that is the honest to God truth. I miss my simplicity, and not having to worry if the motor will last another day or week. The days of a simple PM and walking around the truck with a few wrenches to snug things up is long gone. This web sight is a testament to that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Hammerhead , Chamberpains

Messages In This Thread
RE: What engine lasts longer? - Waterloo - 01-06-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.