Need help on how to calibrate ecm with insite
01-05-2019, (Subject: Need help on how to calibrate ecm with insite ) 
Need help on how to calibrate ecm with insite
I have Insite 7.6.2.240. Downloaded Incal December 2018 from Cummins website. I have no idea how to calibrate ecm now. Can anyone help me on what I need to do now?
replyreply
RE: Need help on how to calibrate ecm with insite
with insite you can change features/parameters section but you need some special code i think to actualy change tunes from the incal library.
replyreply
(01-05-2019 )jwndriver14 Wrote:  I have Insite 7.6.2.240. Downloaded Incal December 2018 from Cummins website. I have no idea how to calibrate ecm now. Can anyone help me on what I need to do now?

7.6.2 will not read newer calibrations than july, 2016 without some help. Incal files are also only good for 6 months too, so even if you find an older collection disk, it will say it is expired.

There are ways around this though. Some guys use a date-locking program on their PC to make it think it is still 2016, (or whatever date they need). Not my recommendation though, as that comes with its own headaches.

It can also be done by updating the info on the older disk with some haxx to update the expiration dates stored on it. There also is a way around getting the newest calibrations (Incal collection disk) by simply de-compressing the file you want using 7Zip by 7zip.org and correct password, then re-compressing it into the older ZIP format (no password necessary when re-compressing it). Then the old 7.6.2 will read it just fine.

Just giving some info on the subject, not the keys to do such a thing. -- You will have to look some place besides this website, or maybe someone can PM you with a program / passwords, etc. to do such things, or instructions, etc.. as file-sharing stuffs are not allowed in public on this forum.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , jwndriver14
Thats good info rawze. Thanks brotha. Now i just gotta get insite and ctrm back since my antivirus got carried away and decided i didnt need that stuff. This new 2350 ive got is programmed to not high idle with parking brake set and enabling the pto doesnt fix it.
replyreply
01-07-2019, (Subject: Need help on how to calibrate ecm with insite ) 
(01-06-2019 )LRT1549 Wrote:  
(01-05-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Thats good info rawze. Thanks brotha. Now i just gotta get insite and ctrm back since my antivirus got carried away and decided i didnt need that stuff. This new 2350 ive got is programmed to not high idle with parking brake set and enabling the pto doesnt fix it.

It's always been told to me to have a dedicated laptop to run your Insite and C@ltr!m on that does not have anti virus, and has the clock set to not adjust to the internet. That's what I have and the ONLY time it goes on line is if I need to connect to someone via team viewer.

Maybe I was told wrong but for running 7.6.2 I was told that anti virus screws it up and the time changing screws it up.

There are ways around everything. Going in to your antivirus and making a program exception and isolating the program in your firewall may keep it from connecting to the internet and updating... If your so inclined.

But yes a dedicated laptop that stays offline helps out greatly from pesky mishaps and over zealous programs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LRT1549
01-09-2019, (Subject: Need help on how to calibrate ecm with insite ) 
(01-05-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-05-2019 )jwndriver14 Wrote:  I have Insite 7.6.2.240. Downloaded Incal December 2018 from Cummins website. I have no idea how to calibrate ecm now. Can anyone help me on what I need to do now?

7.6.2 will not read newer calibrations than july, 2016 without some help. Incal files are also only good for 6 months too, so even if you find an older collection disk, it will say it is expired.

There are ways around this though. Some guys use a date-locking program on their PC to make it think it is still 2016, (or whatever date they need). Not my recommendation though, as that comes with its own headaches.

It can also be done by updating the info on the older disk with some haxx to update the expiration dates stored on it. There also is a way around getting the newest calibrations (Incal collection disk) by simply de-compressing the file you want using 7Zip by 7zip.org and correct password, then re-compressing it into the older ZIP format (no password necessary when re-compressing it). Then the old 7.6.2 will read it just fine.

Just giving some info on the subject, not the keys to do such a thing. -- You will have to look some place besides this website, or maybe someone can PM you with a program / passwords, etc. to do such things, or instructions, etc.. as file-sharing stuffs are not allowed in public on this forum.

Good info! I’m very familiar with ET, I do a lot of tuning on Cats for myself and others but this incal/Insite is a whole different ball game for me. There are just a ridiculous amount of files on the incal, how can I figure out which one has the tunes for my engine?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.