Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual
01-08-2019, (Subject: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual ) 
RE: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual
i beleive their are some actual automatics with torque converters for semis from what ive heard their nothing but money pits and absolutely garbage but the AUTOMATED transmissions that ive drove are all manuals with computer controlled clutch and shift solenoids. so basically a manual that the computer does all the thinking and work to get moving.

and as you said lumber clutch to stop/start thats it. thats all i use mine for rest is all "power/float" shifting. its so gut wrenching when you hear someone trying to double clutch a truck since thats what they teach in the few schools that actualy train in manuals when float shifting i would think be easiest on parts when done correctly. when i went through MCTs school they had 9 speed freightliner flds and omg some of the people in class i dont know how those trucks didnt leave transmission parts all over the roads. i didnt get much driving time in that class as the only thing i had trouble with and still to this day have bad days with was dock backing from a 90/45 angle. i was doing real good with vans and moveable axles now i got a spread axle flatbed and some days i cant hit the broadside of a barn.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual - Lonestar10 - 01-08-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.