Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual
01-10-2019, (Subject: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual ) 
RE: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual
(01-10-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  Especially if you dont have any fuel discounts or you are paying your own ifta.

IFTA? How much are they whacking you for? May be time to start recording your own numbers... I do, my quarterlies are always under $20, yours should be a little more, but under $100 would be my best guess. Keep track of every mile, when you end the week at say 567,089 on your ODO, start the following week with that number, never record a different number, keep them consecutive!

Record the miles driven in each state and write it all down. I keep a 6x9 spiral notebook on the dash to do just that, write the mileage down when I cross a state line. Record on weekly trip sheet. Filing is easy that way and you get the correct amounts owed or rebated, and if ever audited, pull up your weekly trip sheets. Many of these carriers do not know how to record these numbers and wind up with breaks in mileage, then the fed whacks you for the maximum allowed in regards to payment, normally around $650 from my experience. And that is a quarter. That is theft if you are only a one man trucking outfit.

We pay our own. Since April last year I paid $468 It looks like it ranges to between 20 to my highest was 137 on a monthly basis. Kentucky is a expensive one. As well as Indiana and PA is probably the highest state of all.But They do the calculations. Just using the elogs as it auto tracks you once you cross state lines so you don't have to think about it just log on to your elogs and all the data is there for miles. But I don't have access to that only the carrier. As far as gallons burned I would think you look up your transaction history per month or quarter and in every state you fueled find the gallons purchased and so forth and just divide it by miles to get your mpg. So having high mpg will save you lots not just on per gallon but your ifta. Like every time your in Oregon and you burn a gallon, I believe that is another .20 you owe and they don't give you anything for buying their fuel. I will post last years taxes costs.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual - flatbed94kid - 01-10-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.