2350 Fueling Issues
01-09-2019, (Subject: 2350 Fueling Issues ) 
RE: 2350 Fueling Issues
This is the head. Springs removed. The one with the plunger stuck down is the exit.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Basically pull the head. Bump a little air in the inlet so the plungers come out. Pull the springs off. Mark which spring is which. Book says they need to go back on the same side. Hold your finger over the outlet and the hole in the head in between the barrels. Push the exit plunger down. If it comes back up it’s good. Mine will go down 1 time and that’s it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(01-09-2019 )CANNONBALL Wrote:  Basically pull the head. Bump a little air in the inlet so the plungers come out. Pull the springs off. Mark which spring is which. Book says they need to go back on the same side. Hold your finger over the outlet and the hole in the head in between the barrels. Push the exit plunger down. If it comes back up it’s good. Mine will go down 1 time and that’s it.
I am replying from memory so its best to check quickserve but from what I remember you don't cover any holes? first (springs on) apply 40 psi or less shop air to inlet .....both plungers should extend ..remove springs and your just doing a quick tap on plungers ..they should spring back almost as quick as your finger your not trying to bottom them out on the tap. I had one that failed and I pulled the barrel and replace the crush washer and it passed after ...truck is still running.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Basically what quickserve said. Check valve in the head isn’t any good is what I’ve found.
replyreply
   check rollers

User's Signature: One word not enough two words to much to say
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CANNONBALL , snailexpress
(01-09-2019 )CANNONBALL Wrote:  Basically what quickserve said. Check valve in the head isn’t any good is what I’ve found.
First I'm cheap and although I thought about pulling those one way valves out of the head I didn't, the crush washer is about a buck a piece ...you need two .....two bucks was my fix and yes I read the part about the head being bad ....
replyreply
$2000 later. New high pressure fuel pump head and gaskets. It will hold steady at 3000 psi when you run a leak down test now. Hasn’t thrown any low rail pressure codes. Still runs rough at points. I got the return line fittings coming from Cummins to check the return flow and go from there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.