Proper RPM for PTO operation
01-07-2019, (Subject: Proper RPM for PTO operation ) 
RE: Proper RPM for PTO operation
(01-07-2019 )NoTime Wrote:  I haul propane and have to pump off 1 to 2 times a day and it takes about an hour. I have a valve on trailer that I can control how fast the pump runs but my problem is if I idle it up to a 1000 RPM I can’t open up the valve very far because the pump on the trailer can only run so fast which heats my hydraulic fluid up pretty high even with a hydro pack to help cool the oil. If I idle around 700 I can open valve all the way up and it keeps my fluid cooler. Kind of a catch 22.

So is it better to run PTO at 1000 RPM for the emissions or does 700 for an hour really make any difference?

It’s a 2013 2350
Higher RPM is better for emission but you can't apply ir all the time you unload.
I assume you have to deliver to different customers so every place have different setup.
Some have pipes big in diameter and short but some are small and long with billions of elbows.
liquid line restriction is the key factor in unloading. If pump is pumping more GPM then liquid line can get thru you have a heat. If less you are wasting time.
With Insite you can set PTO RPM increments for every switch bump like 50 RPM until it reaches max .
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper RPM for PTO operation - snailexpress - 01-07-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.