Filled tank with gasoline
01-07-2019, (Subject: Filled tank with gasoline ) 
Filled tank with gasoline
Have a truck coming in on hook 2009 ISX said driver had filled with gasoline started to miss and shutdown. If this were the case what codes and/or symptons should I be looking for? Seems to me If it had run on gas it wouldn't have run far. Also what numbers would I look at on fuel analyst sheet? Sample has been pulled but no report yet. Kinda getting prepared to what i may be looking for.
replyreply
RE: Filled tank with gasoline
how much percentage of gas to diesel? Like was it at 1/2 tank and he topped it up or it was pretty well empty and he filled them?

Injectors do not take gas at all, its way to dry and starts to auto ignite under the temps and pressures of just injecting it in high concentrations. You can blow the tips off or worse.

Gas is very volatile and depending on how long it ran you get detonation like crazy and bad things happen. Again it is extremely dry and scores/galls things in very short order.

If its a light mixture your probably ok to just drain everything completely and flush and refill it and get it going, in large percentages it can get bad.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mayhem1
RE: Filled tank with gasoline
We have had this happen several times... company actually filled the inground d deisel tanks with gas. So it was a lower mixture of less then 1/2 gas. Out of probably 30 trucks I'm pretty sure only 1 ever needed anything then flushed.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mayhem1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.