Isx cm871 reman injectors
01-08-2019, (Subject: Isx cm871 reman injectors ) 
Isx cm871 reman injectors
Anyone know of a good shop selling reliable injectors for a cm871 part # 4954434px. Truck only has 450k miles and 2 factory injectors are starting to go already. Please only recommend shops you have dealt with and have personal experience with their reliability. Thank you in advance.
replyreply
RE: Isx cm871 reman injectors
make a waranty claim. go with OEM injectors.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-08-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  make a waranty claim. go with OEM injectors.

I agree with this, I bought OEM PX remans from KW.
That's about all I could recommend, unless you wanna try lapping in the pintle on the seat yourself and replace the oil seal while your at it.
You need to buy the injector disassembly tool from Cummins to do this, but it's not difficult to do. It was one of the Aussie's that had tried this successfully and posted about it on here. Don't hold him to it, but I seem to recall it was AussieISX, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Doubt you would get warrantee as suggested by Rawze due to age, however you are still in mileage range so it costs nothing to ask, and you may get lucky and have them grant you goodwill policy...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Its a 2011 im not the original owner do you think i have a leg to stand on with a warranty claim? Who would i even go to?
replyreply
(01-08-2019 )Mbacon51 Wrote:  Its a 2011 im not the original owner do you think i have a leg to stand on with a warranty claim? Who would i even go to?

No, you don't have a leg to stand on for warranty.
Extended is 5 years or 500,000 miles, whichever comes first.
You are over on years, however they may cover them via goodwill policy due to under on miles. It's doubtful, however it costs nothing to ask, so you're not losing anything by asking.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
01-12-2019, (Subject: Isx cm871 reman injectors ) 
I have no idea whom the original supplier was of the injectors as I haven’t looked that far into an ISX. Here is what I can tell you about Cummins 5.9 engines. The injectors are made by BOSH and the only injectors you put into a 5.9 Cummins is certified BOSH reman injectors.

Why?

BOSH only reuses the body and injector tip and all internals are NEW...........

Other reman injectors for 5.9 Cummins are done in Mexico or worse. They also try to rebuild these injectors with all used reconditioned internal parts trying to match the over all tolerance stacking equal to OEM and boys and girls that just won’t work with injectors. Especially HPCR injectors.

As myny cycles an hour and as long as an injector service life is you really need to do your research on how your injectors are rebuilt.

If the ISX injectors are BOSH injectors then they need to be BOSH remans.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
When I was down at Rawze's in framing my motor, the dealer sent down a 6 pack of injectors, said that only reman units were available. The ones they sent came in a reman box but were actually new units, at the reman price. Dealer paid for the injectors. The same was happening with heads, may still be. A reman head would be ordered and a new head sent at reman price.

Me, I would order the injectors from Cummins, and see what you get. I would not put anything else in there other than genuine Cummins built or remaned by Cummins injectors.

The only thing I would use on that motor would be a Turbo from our guy down in Atlanta, I forget his name, Yiota or something, the turbo man Mr Hagg uses. I have one of his reman turbos on my motor, and knock on wood it is better than the Cummins Mexican reman it replaced.

There are few aftermarket parts I would ever consider using, including sensors on the CM-871. Or any motor for that matter, too much of a crap shoot.
replyreply
(01-12-2019 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  ...

isx injectorts are NOT from bosch.

Here is some more info on what i think abut re-built injectors for a common rail engine..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...67#pid4367

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-12-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-12-2019 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  ...

isx injectorts are NOT from bosch.

Here is some more info on what i think abut re-built injectors for a common rail engine..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...67#pid4367

My point is th only reman I would put in my motor is one that’s rebuilt by the actual injector manufacturer or possibly Cummins certified remans. Not remans from a dealership or joe blow rebuild shop that’s all. It’s just not worth the risk.

More often then not even with for my example a bosh reman in a box labeled reman usually is a new injector. If you go to dodge for warranty injectors replacement , what you get is a Mexico rebuilt price of trash for an injector.

It may cost you a bit more for a “ceritified cummins injector “ but worth the peace of mind.
You will be miles ahead.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.