Weird dash leak on my Lonestar
01-30-2019, (Subject: Weird dash leak on my Lonestar ) 
Wink Weird dash leak on my Lonestar
New to the board here, but here goes:

I've got a 2013 Lonestar and it's accumulating water on the dash .. specifically where the windshield meets the dash, and then leaking along the firewall onto the floor and soaking my floorboards. Doesn't seem to be coming from the windshield itself. I *think* it may be coming in from where the HEPA filter is ? but I've got NO IDEA where the water is actually coming from, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what the best fix for it is.

Personally, I'm thinking clear silicone along the entire truck where the roof meets the cab.

Thoughts?
replyreply
RE: Weird dash leak on my Lonestar
Probably the windshield. International hasnt yet figured out how to seal windows and windshields on a truck.
replyreply
(01-30-2019 )Aleksii Wrote:  New to the board here, but here goes:

I've got a 2013 Lonestar and it's accumulating water on the dash .. specifically where the windshield meets the dash, and then leaking along the firewall onto the floor and soaking my floorboards. Doesn't seem to be coming from the windshield itself. I *think* it may be coming in from where the HEPA filter is ? but I've got NO IDEA where the water is actually coming from, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what the best fix for it is.

Personally, I'm thinking clear silicone along the entire truck where the roof meets the cab.

Thoughts?

could be the windshield, but i found it is usually this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid16882

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-31-2019, (Subject: Weird dash leak on my Lonestar ) 
Thanks rawze. My 11 model had been leaking from the cb cubby i thought it was the visor at first. Think ill do that silicone job. Regular 100% ge silicone 2?
replyreply
I had a leak like that, it was coming in in two spots that I can figure. Where the cab and the roof cap assemble, the gap above the windshield behind and above the visor. I loaded mine with silicon caulk. The other area was where the visor mounts attached to the cab exterior. Long story, but I had the dealer caulk around those four visor mounts with a body shop filler in a caulk tube, where they meet the cab, all four side. Since doing that, dry cab. Make sure you really fill that gap where the roof cap meets the cab, load it up. One tube is not going to work, I think I used around 4 or 5 tubes. Did it once, let it sit, come back in an hour or two and redo to get it sealed properly. I did all around the cab, right to the rear of the sleeper on both sides.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Rawze
Mine is sealed around the roof cap all the way around. Also sealed around the visor to cab mounts...still leaks when it rains. I think i am going to remove my overhead and unbolt those mounts, put some rtv gasket maker behind them then rebolt them to the cab...
replyreply
02-01-2019, (Subject: Weird dash leak on my Lonestar ) 
Check out on Amazon or fleabay for ultrasonic leak detector. $40 or so. Work good to find leaks like you have and air system leaks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.