Looking to buy used truck
01-09-2019, (Subject: Looking to buy used truck ) 
RE: Looking to buy used truck
Carb compliant is: DPF is good until 2022, I think that would be around 2008 on but you can install a stand alone system on older truck ...we had a 2000 pete they installed a Hug system ...really robbed hp.
After 2022 its 2010 or later, DPF and DEF. An 871 would be good until 2022. The laws in Cali are a pain as they keep changing the compliance rules, they have changed them a half dozen times already. Most truckers I know just bit the bullet and went new? Most in this last year. The one thing I notice is if I'm traveling to other states? lotsa black smoke :-) California? almost zero smoke unless you go to the bay area, thousands of old junkers spewing smoke! and that was the whole intent to reduce diesel particulate in high density areas ...what a joke!!!
If you want to keep the truck go 2010 or newer, if you can go with the 2350 as most have the improved fuel pump. And above that? buy new ...it wont guarantee no problems but you wont be buying someone elses.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to buy used truck - imalumberjack - 01-09-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.