X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter
01-12-2019, (Subject: X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter ) 
X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter
So I was able to get an active fault code out of this X15 with an obd reader and a cummins app on android. It's Active fault 559 (engine injector metering rail 1) Looks to me like what happened is the Davco filter was plugged and it triggered the fault due to low fuel pressure. I changed the filter but The CEL is still on and it's still in derate (won't rev higher than 1400 rpm) Do I need to clear the code before it will get out of the derate? I don't currently have working insite to clear it, is ther another way?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
RE: X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter
How to clear the DTCs (check engine light) on your Cummins without using a code reader.
NOTE: Depending on which flash is on your PCM, there is a chance that this procedure will not work. In that case, it is best to use an OBD-II scanner to clear the codes.
Put the key in the ignition with doors closed.
Cycle the key FIVE times from the OFF position to the RUN position without cranking the engine. Leave in the RUN position on the FIFTH cycle. Note: The RUN position is TWO clicks while the ACCESSORY position is only ONE click.

*Example: KEY IN (OFF) – RUN – OFF – RUN – OFF – RUN – OFF – RUN – OFF – RUN
This will clear any DTCs that are currently active or stored in the PCM.

Maybe this work's.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(01-12-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  How to clear the DTCs (check engine light) on your Cummins without using a code reader.
NOTE: Depending on which flash is on your PCM, there is a chance that this procedure will not work. In that case, it is best to use an OBD-II scanner to clear the codes.
Cycle the key FIVE times from the OFF position to the RUN position without cranking the engine. Leave in the RUN position on the FIFTH cycle. Note: The RUN position is TWO clicks while the ACCESSORY position is only ONE click.

Maybe this work's.

I found that on google to, doesn't work on my truck but might be because I didn't fix the problem? Not sure what to do next.

replyreply
power spec is free and you can clear inactive codes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
Are you near a love's?. They can clear it with jpro. Another thought, disconnect power to the ecm, and reconnect about 30 min. later

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
(01-12-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  How to clear the DTCs (check engine light) on your Cummins without using a code reader.

Maybe this work's.

lol. This is a perfect example on how bad information gets spread like a virus.

NOTE: This post is not directed towards any one, just making an observation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
01-13-2019, (Subject: X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter ) 
(01-12-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

Maybe this work's.

lol. This is a perfect example on how bad information gets spread like a virus.

yup
replyreply
01-14-2019, (Subject: X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter ) 
(01-12-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  power spec is free and you can clear inactive codes.

Thanks! I never heard of powerspec. It did the trick.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
01-15-2019, (Subject: X15 derate due to clogged fuel filter ) 
Eaton uses this method of key cycles methods to retrieve: active,inactive, and to clear codes.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.