Injector return flow test
01-14-2019, (Subject: Injector return flow test ) 
RE: Injector return flow test
Got the 4 new ones in. Decided since I was this far to go ahead and run a return line test on the high pressure fuel pump. End result of that was 1/2 of the minimum so put a new fuel actuator on it. What a different truck, no more shakes, no more idling issues, no more surging. Pulls well.

Back to square 1. Still will not pass a rail leak down test. Plummets to 150 psi by the time insight connects back up. Drove it to town to pickup my trailer On the way home throwed the CEL again.

Only 2 things not new on the high pressure side are injector 5 and 6. Torqued and retorqued fuel tubes when I had it apart.

Have to run it tomorrow guess we will find the rest of the problem when I get back.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
01-24-2019, (Subject: Injector return flow test ) 
Slapped the last 2 injectors in to finish off the 6 pack of them. Truck had never sounded so good and smooth. Ran the injector leak down test. Started at 29,000 psi. Several minutes later still holding over 28,000 psi. Problem solved.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze
01-25-2019, (Subject: Injector return flow test ) 
(01-24-2019 )CANNONBALL Wrote:  Slapped the last 2 injectors in to finish off the 6 pack of them. Truck had never sounded so good and smooth. Ran the injector leak down test. Started at 29,000 psi. Several minutes later still holding over 28,000 psi. Problem solved.

YAY!

I told you guys there was a leak. Its pretty rare when a plunger goes it doesn't eat some injectors.

let me know how it runs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.