Hillbilly delete
05-06-2016, (Subject: Hillbilly delete ) 
Hillbilly delete
First off I am a very well compensated company driver and do not own the truck. However, as most owners are ignorant to the real world I take pride in and love my truck which deserves the best. I've been doing research on it since the day I first got in it. 2010 (mfg 2009) kw 900 Cm871 isx600. There's a few things missing that wrap around the engine block. But there one thing in a big canister that's still there under passenger floor. I've taken it off and opened it up to see, sure enough a soot covered filter. I've unplugged the entire wiring harness for the so called canister and get no warning lights etc on dash. I have no diagnostic capabilities and neither does my shop. Things I do know is that the turbo is erratic when feathering the throttle on freeway up and down whistle no whistle. Also has one or more bad Jake rockers from horrible rattle that goes away when Jake is engaged. Normal pressure pulling grade 38psi never really goes higher. After idling for awhile (30 min or so) when I get on the throttle it blows white as clouds on a good day smoke but only on going through the gears once. My question is how long until worse damage occurs seeing that the button that makes idle go high doesn't work and I am local hauling heavy equipment using pto and idling some days away. Also what is my best option for a new *filter* replacement. 171K on motor

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201605/post_2044_1462577963_de511dd4c133a37615478590d911a4a3.jpg
replyreply
05-06-2016, (Subject: Hillbilly delete ) 
RE: Hillbilly delete
(05-06-2016 )Subaruwrx007 Wrote:  First off I am a very well compensated company driver and do not own the truck. However, as most owners are ignorant to the real world I take pride in and love my truck which deserves the best. I've been doing research on it since the day I first got in it. 2010 (mfg 2009) kw 900 Cm871 isx600. There's a few things missing that wrap around the engine block. But there one thing in a big canister that's still there under passenger floor. I've taken it off and opened it up to see, sure enough a soot covered filter. I've unplugged the entire wiring harness for the so called canister and get no warning lights etc on dash. I have no diagnostic capabilities and neither does my shop. Things I do know is that the turbo is erratic when feathering the throttle on freeway up and down whistle no whistle. Also has one or more bad Jake rockers from horrible rattle that goes away when Jake is engaged. Normal pressure pulling grade 38psi never really goes higher. After idling for awhile (30 min or so) when I get on the throttle it blows white as clouds on a good day smoke but only on going through the gears once. My question is how long until worse damage occurs seeing that the button that makes idle go high doesn't work and I am local hauling heavy equipment using pto and idling some days away. Also what is my best option for a new *filter* replacement. 171K on motor

P.s. sorry for making it sound like I'm an idiot. Just trying to abide by rules. Truck was purchased in Maryland. Used and my people are idiots
replyreply
05-07-2016, (Subject: Hillbilly delete ) 
I hate to see this situation you are caught in. That truck is canadidate for a future truck fire. When that thing goes up in flames I hope you can get out in time and save yourself.

Too many of these trucks catch fire from proper maintenance not being performed or being butchered.

You advise some engine parts are removed from around the motor. I hope the EGR cooler has not been removed and a block off device is preventing the last piston at the rear of the block from getting coolant.

The rear cylinder sleeve and piston and the head gasket and the head itself can warp and degrade because of uneven cooling the last piston.

The turbo is acting erratically? Does it have the VGT turbo still on it? Or has it been swapped out for a big horn turbo?

You may have more problems than just a mechanically hillbilly rigged set up. You could possibly have a bad delete tuning in the ECM also.

You need to first start watching the Rawze videos on YouTube to learn about the EGR tune ups, the sensors and cleaning the soot out of the motor.

The placing the EGR cooler back on the motor if you can; a Cummins EGR cooler and not an aftermarket EGR cooler. They are not as efficient.

you need to work on getting a laptop and Insight and learning how to read the data that your engine is performing. Or get some one from this forum to help you by hooking up to your ECM and looking at all the parameters that are being screwed over and out of control. Take a pulse figuratively speaking, of what the turbo, exhaust back pressure and temperature are and etc etc

With you being the company driver you may be in over your head because the owner may not let you fix the engine or tune the ECM.

Good luck
replyreply
Well.....looks like you got a project here. I would not be running that truck the way it is until you get these issues dealt with. If "everything" is off the engine then you got "one of those de$etes" on your engine that is about ready to cost you lotsa $$$$. The engine you have has lots of potential to make you money but if you keep running it like this it will cost you lotsa $$$$.
First you need to get a laptop and get the software on it as well as Insite. Where do you live? You dont have time to wait for Insite off Ebay to arrive on a slow boat from China so get it on order and lets find a shop who will work with this monster.....since any dealer wont touch it. Once we find someone in your area willing to work on this who has the software and Insite we need to find out where the parameters are.....and what the calibration in your ECM is.....since the cal is prolly not the one for your truck.
Take pictures of both sides of your engine and post them here so we can see what was hacked off. You are prolly not running a VG turbo anymore but there are folks around who can program around that. You need to get this truck fixed ASAP and that will be how you will do it.
Lets get cracking on this thing before it dies.
Thats what we are here for.
replyreply
Sounds like a bad delete to me.

He will be on here in a few months complaining that the head is cracked and he has lost another turbo. That is what bad deletes do,.. They slowly destroy engines, and there are more bad ones around than good ones.

Your welcome to call me sometime if you like,.. I PM you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Why don't you ask your boss to join you for a round of Russian Roulette?

There are just so many things wrong with everything you described. Sounds like the damage is already done and the next trip down the road may be the last.

As far as "most owners are ignorant to the real world", I'm going to assume that means truck owners that don't drive and just hire a driver. Great way to go broke.

When that engine blows up they're going to be pointing the finger at you! It's always the drivers fault!

After 38 years in this racket there's not allot I haven't seen and my experience is most company drivers are ignorant to what actually goes on under the hood and are clueless as to the costs of keeping a truck on the road. I'm also a well compensated company driver and husband and wife owner/ operators with our own authority. Most everyone here is an owner/operator.

Someone that knows what they're doing needs to pop that lid and see what's going on with the Jakes, in the mean time, using it could be the death nail.

EGR cooler needs to be functioning ALWAYS! 70% of the coolant flow goes through it.

Turbo needs to be inspected ASAP! Seals are probably cooked already. Sucking oil through the CAC = Runaway engine! And you're on grades with a heavy load counting on a Jake thats ready to let loose?

With a not operational after treatment system you might as well pour concrete down the stack, I cringe thinking what kind of exhaust temperatures that engine is seeing pulling heavy equipment. Back pressure must be sky high! No wonder it's blowing white smoke! Does it have a Pyrometer?

I don't care how well you're compensated. You put that in gear and go down the road YOU are driving a time bomb!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
When that engine blows up they're going to be pointing the finger at you! It's always the drivers fault!

That was my first thought when I read his original post...

Is the owner of the truck open to fixing this mess, or does he think he has a wonder truck? Doesn't sound like there is much left to save if you ask me. PM Rawze and call him, and be damn careful with that truck, especially if you are off road. If and when that thing blows apart you are going to lose all of your systems, brakes and steering, or worse, a runaway. Personally, I would not go near that truck until someone that has a clue looks at it and fixes it. Sometimes you just have to walk away, do you want to be known as right, or smart?
replyreply
05-08-2016, (Subject: Hillbilly delete ) 
If the truck came from Maryland, does that mean your in Maryland? If you are your probly not too far from one of the best techs there is on these things. I'm sure he'll see the post and chime in. Nice lookin combo non the less
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.