Check engine light
01-18-2019, (Subject: Check engine light ) 
RE: Check engine light
Oh wow! I never have gotten that actual code or I apparently never looked twice into it. That is the water in fuel code. I just changed my fuel filter on my truck 3 days ago and got that display as usual when I hit the button to prime the fuel system.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
I looked into the actual Volvo Manual for this stuff and here we go.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: triumph166
(01-18-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  I looked into the actual Volvo Manual for this stuff and here we go.

Yeah I saw that symbol idk why it looks different on our trucks but I guess the bubbles mean water, not the water droplets in the picture you posted? I drained my water separator last night and I have drove about 60 miles (short haul) and no lights and everything is normal. I also cleared the code this morning and hasn’t came back. I called a local shop that’s familiar with this cummins and he sounds like he knows what he’s talking about so I might take my truck there to have him still update my fuel pump.
replyreply
The first picture out of the two I posted corresponds witht the display code that you get. Minus the little arrow.... Who knows though with these damn Volvo’s! LOL

Anyways that fuel pump you have on that truck needs to be looked at replaced or rebuilt. Like others said in this thread that is something that should be looked into and addressed before you turn that engine into a very heavy ship anchor. I parked my 2011 ISX 2250 last spring because it still has the original 3 cylinder pump on it with 900,000. I am a lucky SOB that it has not decided to “expire” yet. I will be working on it come spring time.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: triumph166 , Waterloo
Regarding these fuel pumps, from what I have heard at Mr Haggs, dealers and hanging with Rawze. The trucks run fine with these blown pumps right up to the second they fail and tear up the motor, creating that ship anchor. Nothing to mess with.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: triumph166 , Volvo8873
(01-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Regarding these fuel pumps, from what I have heard at Mr Haggs, dealers and hanging with Rawze. The trucks run fine with these blown pumps right up to the second they fail and tear up the motor, creating that ship anchor. Nothing to mess with.

I can only pray that it’s been rebuilt before, hopefully it has but either way there’s only one way to find out. I’ll keep you all updated next week on what we find out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Volvo8873
(01-18-2019 )triumph166 Wrote:  
(01-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Regarding these fuel pumps, from what I have heard at Mr Haggs, dealers and hanging with Rawze. The trucks run fine with these blown pumps right up to the second they fail and tear up the motor, creating that ship anchor. Nothing to mess with.

I can only pray that it’s been rebuilt before, hopefully it has but either way there’s only one way to find out. I’ll keep you all updated next week on what we find out.

These motors are nerve racking, and I don't even own one! LOL! I just hope it is not the pump and is something else, and if it is, you caught it before it gets into the oil. To much drama with these motors, they have given me many a sleepless night.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
This code means water in fuel detected.
If truck has davco water separator drain the water from the bottom valve in clear container and see if water is present. Truck engine should be warm and off. Sometime water sensor going crazy and need to be replaced, sometime it's wiring problem.
Are you driving on wet road?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: triumph166
(01-18-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  This code means water in fuel detected.
If truck has davco water separator drain the water from the bottom valve in clear container and see if water is present. Truck engine should be warm and off. Sometime water sensor going crazy and need to be replaced, sometime it's wiring problem.
Are you driving on wet road?

Yes it has a Davco and last night I drained it and didn't see much water but maybe a few specks. Yes I've been driving on wet salty ohio roads with high humidity lately so im sure it detected something. I drove it all day with no issues at all.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.