Cummins problems HELP!!!
01-24-2019, (Subject: Cummins problems HELP!!! ) 
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!!
Oh man... It was a licensed certified Cummins shop with Cummins certified trained in Indiana at the Cummins plant that destroyed my motor with the wrong parts, did not cut block to set liners, no shims, looked like they dry started it, installed a faulty injector cam gear and a few other things that were obvious after tearing the motor down in Rawze's driveway. This was at a Cummins certified shop! Just the faulty cam gear they re-installed, we figured I had maybe 70,000 miles left on the motor before it blew apart and took out the motor. It was that bad of an in frame.

That shop you just took your truck too, sounds like the other butcher shop in my town that does deletes. Nothing like a rod through the side of the block. Stay the hell out of there!

You are wasting time and money. Get in the truck and take it to Mr Haggs.

If you think that a liner has broken loose, run down to Napa and purchase one of their Block Test Kits. Warm up the truck, I mean warm it up. Get the thermostat opening and closing. Follow the directions and take your time, it may take a few minutes, up to 15, make sure the coolant is steaming hot, 180*+. If nothing happens, the fluid stays blue, you are good for now.

And when I say for now, Tree is correct, it is not uncommon to in frame these motors twice, due to the first shop not following the damn repair procedures in Quickserve! The entire step by step procedure for in framing a CM-8xx motor are right there in black and white, with a complete listing of specialty tools that are needed along with the torque specs. Most shops skip the liner part and do not cut and shim. This is not rocket science!

I rebuilt my motor using an iPhone! Rawze's videos on YouTube and Cummins Quickserve... Rawze was not there holding my hand.

I just pray for your sake the guys that rebuilt your motor DID cut the block and shim the liners prior to putting it back together along with checking the liner protrusions. If they skipped that, you will be in framing that motor shortly.

If you are going to screw around with this, pull up the Quickserve repair manual for your motor and start going through the diagnostic tree. God only knows what is wrong with that motor, and I can tell you from first hand experience you are wasting time, and time is money. Been down this road, and it is not worth the trip.

If I sound a bit agitated, that is because I am. Not at you, but all of the crap repair shops and idiots out here that spout BS and rip us off. This isn't a hobby, this is our livelihood.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , barf , Nostalgic
01-31-2019, (Subject: Cummins problems HELP!!! ) 
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!!
Well guys I want to thank you for all the responses I have been a little busy lately but I did get some time to take the actuators apart and low and behold on was missing the little shim for the piston ( the watch battery looking thing is what it reminds me of) I got a new actuator and slapped it on there it runs a hell of a lot better than it did I have not been able to do fuel mileage with 60+ mph winds one day then running a bunch of short runs but I do believe it has gotten a lot better and runs amazing starts a little easier also I want to do all of them but got to wait a week or two in between each one since they are pricey I also have a jake break solenoid also as it cuts in and out but I will slowly get on top of this thing but THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU ROCK
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.