parked governor bouncing to 2100 rpm
01-18-2019, (Subject: parked governor bouncing to 2100 rpm ) 
parked governor bouncing to 2100 rpm
truck starting running a little rough at idle, now fuel mileage dropped about 1 mile pg and engine feels sluggish, noticed no longer using 3/4 throttle find im right down when i never used to be and its got no quick get up and go on just fuel without turbo. have to do etest on tue so i put truck to parked max governor speed 1800 rpm just to check held it there for about 2 seconds then it gave a double kick and ran up to 2100 rpm tried 5 times twice it held 1800 other three kicks fuel twice on its own and bumps up again.
does that give any clues as why its running rough, just hoping they are connected if not what could cause the different rpms. i have swapped out all actuators some with new and some good used ones i had but no difference. engine just seems loud and not pulling strong anymore
replyreply
RE: parked governor bouncing to 2100 rpm
What kind of truck? engine? some history?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
sorry its a lonestar cm871 dem&nd tuned by unni. about 110000km on dropped in long block. one injector and then jake rockers rebuilt and shafts replaced about 1 month ago. motor built mexico feb 2016. don't know if block came with new cam and crank sensors or if they installed my old ones figure i may try them next. also haven't popped rocker cover yet to check on rocker shaft work may be able to look Sunday. one other thing is it feels like its trying to regen when my truck used to regen air compressor would kick on and off for about 45 minutes, every mechanic told me i was crazy there not connected to each other but it did it.. air would drop, build back up and dryer would blow off at 115 then keep building to 125 then drop again. soon as regen was done air dryer blows off at 125 and holds, weird but that's what it did, now since the drop in mileage its doing same thing for about an hour(except with out the blue smoke) then stops
replyreply
what is your boost and pyro doing when its acting up?

Also, when is the last time you had a software update in ECM?.

Checked the barro readings and other feedback? - IMAP and others replaced? - Exhaust bp sensor? etc?.

Also make sure the pipe coming off the top of the EGR valve towards the venturi is not rusted through or has broken. A very common problem on 871.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: slowpoke
01-19-2019, (Subject: parked governor bouncing to 2100 rpm ) 
didn't know i could update software m#m*2 do i contact uni for that. and i wrote out the whole list of sensors you wrote on another page, will test ones i can and replace others like imap and exhaust pressure ect. boost is still normal 39 if i really push it but pyro (clamp style) is a little higher hitting 680 now on the hills used to be about 620,
thanks for the feedback.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.