Moisture around oil cap.
01-19-2019, (Subject: Moisture around oil cap. ) 
Moisture around oil cap.
I got isx 15 cm2250. I see greenish moisture around oil cap and oil filler neck but nothing on dipstick and no colour change in coolant tank. I see no bubbles but see condensation inside coolant reservoir. Changed coolant reservoir but same problem. Pic attached[/align] [align=justify]

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Moisture around oil cap.
(01-19-2019 )Sinamarp Wrote:  I got isx 15 cm2250. I see greenish moisture around oil cap and oil filler neck but nothing on dipstick and no colour change in coolant tank. I see no bubbles but see condensation inside coolant reservoir. Changed coolant reservoir but same problem. Pic attached[/align] [align=justify]

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(01-19-2019 )Sinamarp Wrote:  
(01-19-2019 )Sinamarp Wrote:  I got isx 15 cm2250. I see greenish moisture around oil cap and oil filler neck but nothing on dipstick and no colour change in coolant tank. I see no bubbles but see condensation inside coolant reservoir. Changed coolant reservoir but same problem. Pic attached[/align] [align=justify]

If it was mine I'd be changing the oil & taking a sample ASAP just for starters

I'm others will hop in on this soon & give some more guidance
replyreply

Usally that much green buildup is a head gasket issue. It is green even if you use red coolant.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-19-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

Usally that much green buildup is a head gasket issue. It is green even if you use red coolant.
Any other possible reason for it except head gasket issue? Cold weather?
replyreply
(01-19-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

Any other possible reason for it except head gasket issue? Cold weather?

Only real way to find out is to take an oil sample. Stop at a speedco, they don't do the most scientific testing but with that much residue (likely coolant) they will be able to tell. You need to find out pretty quick, coolant washes down bearings and such pretty quick.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , imalumberjack
01-21-2019, (Subject: Moisture around oil cap. ) 
Usually a Head gasket
replyreply
This seems to be a common problem on the 2250/2350 running in the north when it gets cold, the last 2 years I've seen multiple posts pop up on Facebook about this problem.

Unfortunately nobody has a definitive solution
aside from the usual suspects bad head gasket or egr cooler.

One theory I read from the car world is the sludge a combination of condensation and unburnt fuel from rich cold temp starting mixtures that doesn't get a change too evaporate. Like a 15min drive just getting the engine warm enough too begin evaporation the water fuel so it rises you shut the engine back off an it cools too the sludge building up over time.

This is just my theory I have no proof but I guess it's possible the isx has the same problem rich starting fuel/air mix + condensation ending up in the oil, it warms up starts too rise up an some heads too the oil fill neck but!! Since the oil fill neck is behind the rad in the direct path of the frigid winter air its cooling an buikding the sludge over time.
replyreply
slight leak from the cups into the crankcase and it builds up on the cap and the inside cover for the crankcase filter. I challenge anyone in a stock truck to run extreme cold weather without seeing some of this.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.