Isx450 block heater
01-20-2019, (Subject: Isx450 block heater ) 
Isx450 block heater
Just bought a 2010 prostar with 450 isx....where the heck is the plug for the block heater?
replyreply
RE: Isx450 block heater
The heating element that goes into the engine block? or the electrical outlet plug for it on the truck?

For trucks that have it, usually the electrical outlet for the block heater is is on the drivers side near the driver door area somewhere.

The block heater element itself is located roughly to the left of the water filter.
./uploads/201901/post_2_1548025581_8b6fb8a5ae5a2b65bee64c3da89b91cd.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
You will probably, like myself, discover that there is no block heater on your ProStar. There is not even a part number for one that will fit my truck from the dealer. I have had no luck ever finding one, other than a universal one from the parts store.
replyreply
I don't see why the other heaters won't work .
The ones I am talking about you just run heater hoses into them .
I have used them on pickups and equipment . They work way better and probably easier to install .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
if there is no plug under your drivers door then you dont have a factory block heater.
replyreply
My 05 Volvo came from the factory with no block heater. Actually had a block off plate installed! Don’t ask why I overlooked that simple but needed thing when I bought it. Found out when I paid the loan off and recieved the title that it orginally came from North Carolina. I don’t know if they need block heaters as much down there. It will be -10 in the north midwest here in the early morning when I go start it up.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
i have my APU set to constantly run when i have it turned on so when its cold i turn it on and leave it on it seems to generate enough heat in the cooling system to keep everything happy only problem today at -10 for me was fuel got a little gelly but after idling for 2hrs it was happy as a horse and level came back down on davco filter.
replyreply
On my Volvo (CM870)
Kats 30118

User's Signature: One word not enough two words to much to say
replyreply
01-21-2019, (Subject: Isx450 block heater ) 
(01-20-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  The heating element that goes into the engine block? or the electrical outlet plug for it on the truck?

For trucks that have it, usually the electrical outlet for the block heater is is on the drivers side near the driver door area somewhere.

The block heater element itself is located roughly to the left of the water filter.

Looks like I'll be installing one...found this on Amazon.
Engine Heater Kit Fits CUMMINS Signature 600, ISX, QSX (15L – 915 CID) https://amzn.to/2GU7XSZ
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.