Turbo Table editing.
01-20-2019, (Subject: Turbo Table editing. ) 
Turbo Table editing.
so got around tonight to removing the load based speed control in tuning since i couldn't in insite.

i do beleive T_LBSC_En***set to 0 should have this feature completely off as setting high breakpoints did nothing and it kept limiting.

now right now i have to be above 1500rpm to build boost while engine braking and thats a minimum to get good engine braking i have to be downshifting staying in the 1500-1800rpm area otherwise it falls on its face.

which table do i edit to get more turbo braking in the ranges below 1500rpm

or do i edit C_TGC_EB_I_*** "Base integral gain for Turbo Geometry Controller under engine braking" to make it come on faster? currently set at 1.5

i have a base knowledge of what im doing definately not a pro like a few on here but i feel confident in changing some things just not totally going all out experimenting.

"Edited to spell braking correctly oy dumb truck driver"
replyreply
01-21-2019, (Subject: Turbo Table editing. ) 
RE: Turbo Table editing.
LEAVE THE TURBO ENGINE BRAKE TABLES ALONE!--- TURNING THEM UP LEADS TO AN INEVITABLE DROPPED VALVE DURING ENGINE BRAKING AND A PISTON THROUGH THE BLOCK!!!

If you have weaker than normal engine brake -- FIX WHAT IS WRONG instead of tryin g to mask the problem with the computer.

you have been warned. -- Seen lots of guys destroy their engines just for screwing with what you mentioned.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
ok didnt know that....what could possible be wrong than please. turbo/actuator are only about 100k old. after that overheads 5k ago what all do i need to look at? my engine break was great untill i demandated truck after that it became weak so i thought maybe something was changed.
replyreply
When you did the overhead did you replace those springs on the Jakes? Could be your issue.

http://rawze.com/forums/archive/index.ph...557-2.html
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman
(01-21-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  ok didnt know that....what could possible be wrong than please. turbo/actuator are only about 100k old. after that overheads 5k ago what all do i need to look at? my engine break was great untill i demandated truck after that it became weak so i thought maybe something was changed.

If you suspect something in the programming, pull the program out of the truck with CT and e-mail it to me to have it inspected.

NO, a proper de-mandate does NOT weaken the engine brake.

Unclogging the exhaust system itself of all the emiss. garbage, if it has been clogged for a long time, might make slight change, but not significant enough for most ppl to notice.

going from "great" to "weak" via something in the programming is NOT something that is going to happen if the demandate program was done right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-21-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  When you did the overhead did you replace those springs on the Jakes? Could be your issue.

Did Rawze ever have the process of replacing those springs in one of the videos on the overhaul?
I cant seem to find it.

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
(01-21-2019 )iceman Wrote:  
(01-21-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  When you did the overhead did you replace those springs on the Jakes? Could be your issue.

Did Rawze ever have the process of replacing those springs in one of the videos on the overhaul?
I cant seem to find it.

I do not believe he did... Pretty simple to do, bar the motor like you are doing an overhead and work your way through. I think Hammerhead mentioned how he did it. The springs aren't that much. You will need a torque wrench and feelers, the same gear you would need to do the overhead to install.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman
I'd start by seeing what your vgt commanded vs actual position is, when the EB is on. Its supposed too close too 88% or something on stage3, almost sounds like your isn't.

Do you notice a sound difference switching between the stages of the Jake maybe you knocked the Jake wire in the head loose doing the overhead
replyreply
definite difference in all 3 eb stages. im wondering after reading that post linked above if when the overhaul was done they put in new shafts/levers but i dont know if they did springs and such. our good host is doing some poking around in the programming for me see if anythings there well see what he comes up with. engine had 880k at overhaul now has 1057k and there was no mention of anything like the springs/detents on the parts lists it got new cams/rockers/levers/pistons/bearings/liners they did all the basic stuff but didnt replace the head or cam bearings on the overhaul cheap ass small fleet it came from.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.