Turbo Table editing.
01-22-2019, (Subject: Turbo Table editing. ) 
RE: Turbo Table editing.
(01-21-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  definite difference in

Looking at your program...

* Crank case filter sensor is disabled. Someone needs to be sure to ensure they have drilled out their crank case filter or use the Maint. free one from the red engine maker if they run this program.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

* there is nothing in the program itself that would weaken the enigne brake that I have found. just though I would mention it.
- Pressure test the whole engine between the intake air filter and the exhaust outlet behind the turbo. Make sure there are no leaks in exhaust, intake, CAC, egr piping, or anywhere else.

- Do a turbo inspection and verify the VG ring is not hanging up and it operates smoothly. - Re-calibrate actuator to turbo after the inspection. Verify the engine brake is operating on all 3 stages using insite during engine braking events.

other stuff found/seen...

* Engine abuse has a high history of someone driving with plugged crank case filters,-- This is not good for turbo, likely has shortened its lifespan.

* It also shows a lot of low oil pressure in its history. Also not good.

It is appearant this engine has been abused and neglected in its past, driven hard + driven with plugged oil filters and pluged crank case filters. This is very hard on the turbo, cams, and other components.

* All derates and shutdowns have been disabled. - Be aware that the engine is not going to shut down even if it runs out of oil pressure or it overheats. - it is same as an emergency vehicle in this regard.

* there are a high number of hard braking events in the ecu, several of them are fairly recent - If you get in an accident where someone gets seriously hurt, the authorities have software to see this and use this data against you. It is also a sign that someone drives their equipment too hard.

just some things i saw when looking at a quick glance any ways.

You mentioned it got inframed and they re-used the old head. -- I see another inframe in your near future. Half-arssed/ignorant repair shops at their best.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
since ive owned truck it runs around 35-37 PSI on oil when it was overhauled it had several broken rings, iam currently 13-15k oil changes, crank case filter is maint free the sensor turn off was part of the 2016 overlay i had used for demandate, hard braking i know one was in minneapolis where a accident happened and traffic came to immediate halt and atleast one other was a car pulling out infront of me on a 2 lane highway those are the 2 most recent i can remember if there was more probably same type of stuff i always try to have a good cushion which gets smaller when in big city traffic.

but i admit i dont drive as you do hypermiling but i do try to drive consciously and safely as i just started doing this o/o headache and i dont need to get into trouble rather make money and stay the hell away from the motoring public as much as i can.

thanks for your insite into things im trying to get the truck fully straightened out the way it should be 1 expensive part at a time.
replyreply
Engine brake detents and springs have no effect on braking performance - They just keep the lever in it's neutral position when jakes aren't being used.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Tanker93
WHen I have this issue first thing I do is use CL to close turbo to see how strong or weak it is. At 95% the engine should be choked down pretty good. If not start looking for exhaust leak or it may end up being the turbo it self. ALso I found that if Jakes are set to loose it will not work as good. But Id start with over riding turbo to see if its weak or not. Depending whos over lay your using someone may had modified the brake table I have saw this several times but if Rawze did it then Id be looking at turbo itself. It really easy to find the issue
replyreply
(01-22-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  WHen I have this issue first thing I do is use CL to close turbo to see how strong or weak it is. At 95% the engine should be choked down pretty good. If not start looking for exhaust leak or it may end up being the turbo it self. ALso I found that if Jakes are set to loose it will not work as good. But Id start with over riding turbo to see if its weak or not. Depending whos over lay your using someone may had modified the brake table I have saw this several times but if Rawze did it then Id be looking at turbo itself. It really easy to find the issue

You say you use CL to close the turbo, what is CL?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-22-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  You say you use CL to close the turbo, what is CL?

I think he meant CT. You can't override and control the turbo manually using Insite.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
thanks for the info sir ill do that when i get some time been running in freezing rain then sleet then snow/ice and to end it completely snow covered roads from wichita ks up to a bit south of omaha ne today been such a joy. front of truck is about 1 inch longer in ice and flatbed looks like a big ass brick of snow and ice. scaled in junction city ks was 79.600 put in 70 gal fuel did the 3 hrs here and now i wouldnt doubt the truck weighs north of 82,000.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.