2013 isx15 oil leak behind ecm
01-22-2019, (Subject: 2013 isx15 oil leak behind ecm ) 
2013 isx15 oil leak behind ecm
I have a oil leak behind the ecm. Has anyone had this similar problem? Thanks in advance.
replyreply
01-22-2019, (Subject: 2013 isx15 oil leak behind ecm ) 
RE: 2013 isx15 oil leak behind ecm
You probably mean between the front cover and the head? Just so happens the ECM is there. You're gonna need to post a picture if you want to get a decent diagnosis.Also some engine info like model,mileage,etc.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: freddy , Rawze
01-23-2019, (Subject: 2013 isx15 oil leak behind ecm ) 
Here are a couple of pics as requested. As you can see the leak comes from behind the ecm. I don't know if there's a hose or gasket behind that could cause this. Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
How do you know this is oil not fuel?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: freddy
I kinda have the same thing, just seen it this morning .......cleaned everything off and will watch. On mine I can see two places where it could be coming from and neither are in general area of oil deposit so I am thinking the fan is blowing it back there? I have a small leak on power steering unit (while working near it I turned the mickey mouse oem clamp because it was stabbing me everytime I reached in there and obviously it does not like its new position). The other is front cover over air compressor drive has a small leak (I had pulled the cover and it has a small bend in sealing edge ...didn't want to replace so I straightened in hopes it would seal ....no luck I guess)
So just sayin' it may be coming from somewhere else and fan is depositing it there, clean everything and keep looking.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: freddy
(01-23-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  How do you know this is oil not fuel?

I cleaned it the other day with my finger and it was yellow (just changed oil for pm) also today I checked and still the same. Also it didn't smell like diesel.
replyreply
(01-23-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  I kinda have the same thing, just seen it this morning .......cleaned everything off and will watch. On mine I can see two places where it could be coming from and neither are in general area of oil deposit so I am thinking the fan is blowing it back there? I have a small leak on power steering unit (while working near it I turned the mickey mouse oem clamp because it was stabbing me everytime I reached in there and obviously it does not like its new position). The other is front cover over air compressor drive has a small leak (I had pulled the cover and it has a small bend in sealing edge ...didn't want to replace so I straightened in hopes it would seal ....no luck I guess)
So just sayin' it may be coming from somewhere else and fan is depositing it there, clean everything and keep looking.

So there's nothing behind the ecm that would cause the leak? Also if it was leaking from the front (which I do have a leak) wouldn't it be dirtying around the fuel filter as well? Thanks
replyreply
(01-23-2019 )freddy Wrote:  
(01-23-2019 )imalumberjack Wrote:  I kinda have the same thing, just seen it this morning .......cleaned everything off and will watch. On mine I can see two places where it could be coming from and neither are in general area of oil deposit so I am thinking the fan is blowing it back there? I have a small leak on power steering unit (while working near it I turned the mickey mouse oem clamp because it was stabbing me everytime I reached in there and obviously it does not like its new position). The other is front cover over air compressor drive has a small leak (I had pulled the cover and it has a small bend in sealing edge ...didn't want to replace so I straightened in hopes it would seal ....no luck I guess)

So there's nothing behind the ecm that would cause the leak? Also if it was leaking from the front (which I do have a leak) wouldn't it be dirtying around the fuel filter as well? Thanks

There's a cooling plate right behind the ECM, fuel runs through it on it's way to the injectors. I'm not sure if its common for those to leak?? But I suppose anything could leak. Fuel of course though, not oil.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-23-2019 )freddy Wrote:  

on mine I can see back there basically its just the side of the block maybe one sensor? if you have a leak up front it more than likely will be pushed toward rear? clean it then ... get out a blanket and pillow lay under and watch .......
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.